First Post/Unplanned/Freaking out

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pinstripedbabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 09:20 PM
pinstripedbabe's Avatar Regular
Hello everyone I'm so happy to have found a place with people who can give me advice on what I'm going through. I'm 22 years old and my boyfriend is 25. We have been dating for almost 2 years and we love each other very much. We always talk about marriage and kids, however this one came as a surprise. We were planning on waiting longer, like until after I finished college. I'm not worried so much about finances because he has a great job with benefits and everything so I know everything will be covered and we'll be somewhat comfortable. I am completely freaking out for myself though...

I'm so anxious and scared about just being pregnant/delivery.
I wish I waited till I finished school.

The worst part that makes me feel guilty is that I just want to go out and party. All my friends go out drinking every weekend and I usually do to. I love being 22 and going out to bars and staying out late at night. I like smoking a drunk cigarette and drunkenly socializing and then waking up the next day to eat crappy hangover food. I want to do that right now. I can't believe that I can't do those things for AT LEAST 9 months (probably much longer). It sounds so childish and I feel embarrassed but I just wish this never happened and I feel guilty for saying that.

Is there anyone out there who went through this?

also, i just found out today that I am pregnant so I am very overwhelmed right now. My first doctor appointment is on Monday.
January 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! It sounds like overall you're in a great place to start a family with a supportive boyfriend and financial stability! I can totally understand how it's depressing to think about giving up partying right now when you're having such a good time. The difficulty right now is thwt it's easy to see the downsides of being pregnant because they're tangible and effecting you in ways that aren't fun. What's so much harder to see right now are the amazing upsides, because those aren't here yet and can't even be imagined. Becoming a mom will seriously blow your mind. It's impossible to quantify the joy you're going to feel when you first are handed the little baby that came from you and your boyfriend's love for each other. Motherhood is amazing and the joy and delight you'll find in it will definitely make up for missing partying this year, I promise!

Don't stress, you've got lots of time to get used to this new phase of life, and with a few adjustments should have no trouble finishing school. Very best wishes and let us know how your appointment goes Monday!
January 15th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Thank you for the kind response. I will keep you updated!
January 15th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I definately understand where you are coming from. When i got pregnant when i was 19 i was just like you were, i had moved across the state from my parents was begining to party and having loads of fun. When i found out i was preggo it kinda crushed me that i wasnt going to be able do those things anymore so thats totally normal what you are feeling. youre young! pregnancy is a roller coaster of emotions. but i know shortly have the time when i was sad i was pregnant i got super excited and knew i was ready to be a mom.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 16th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I miss the partying and drunkeness But my problem is that all my friends are far away from me and I have no excuse to go out and have fun late at night. I'd just be going by myself and that's boring.

Once you have the baby and get a schedule nailed down (it may take a few months, be warned) EVENTUALLY you will be able to carve time out for yourself. Just do it more responsibly. My husband and I have a rule that we both can't be intoxicated at the same time. We can both have drinks but only one of us can drink enough to impair judgement or be unsafe to drive. Also, once you're comfortable, you can let the grandparents hold onto the baby for a night and that will allow you both to go out and party and enjoy yourselves

It's just going to take more planning and there will be times where your baby will trump the partying. It's a balance.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 20th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Doctor went well today although it's super early. I'm only 5 weeks. I'm feeling a little better about everything but still having bouts of nervousness and crying. I just want a bottle of wine! lol!

Thank you for the kind response...I need to focus more on the pregnancy right instead of partying. Alcohol will be around forever. This will only be 9 months. hmmm
Rainbow Momma likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad the appointment went well! Very true!
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search