What are some cute ways you decided to tell your parents and other family?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 08:46 AM
First-time Mommy-to-Be!
We're really having trouble figuring out how we want to tell my side of the family - expecting a great reaction from his and a not so great reaction from mine. We hoped that doing something cute to announce it might cushion the blow and shock of it all, since we've had a hard time in the last year and this year is changing everything for us! Graduating from college in 4 months, engaged, moving into a new home this weekend, and found out that I'm already 15 weeks pregnant!

Any ideas about something cute to do to help get a -slightly- better reaction from my side of the family?
January 24th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
Maybe a cute short photo book with pictures of you and your fiancé, with the last picture being the best shot from your ultrasound? Or even just get a 'grandma' photo album blank but with the ultrasound shot on the first page? Wrap it up as an early Mother's Day present for you mom?

With one of my pregnancies I made a t-shirt that said (bun) right over my belly. I went to a family even, took off my jacket, and just waited for someone to notice. Fr my brother's first, they made him a t-shirt saying something like 'World's greatest dad' and he wore that to a family event. It's fun to see how long it takes it to click for people!

Let us know what you decide, so much fun!
January 24th, 2014, 08:44 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
How about giving them a wrapped gift and inside you could put a onesie with something that says "I love my Grandma" and you could even put your first ultrasound in with it. Go on youtube, they have a lot of videos of people doing cute things to tell people they are expecting.

January 26th, 2014, 07:03 AM
First-time Mommy-to-Be!
Cute ideas so far! Any others?
January 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Veteran
I was worried that my mom would not take things well so I decided not to try and do anything cute. I just called and told her on the phone so that she would have time to process without the pressure of having to give an immediate reaction. When my fiance and I found out that I was expecting, we weren't ready to be happy and needed processing time. I figured that maybe other people needed the same time to process.

Just keep in mind that no matter what the initial reaction, they are sure to come around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search