Sad about schooling :(

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2014, 05:39 AM
pinstripedbabe's Avatar Regular
Hello everyone I wrote on here a few weeks ago when I first found out I was pregnant and I was freaking out. I'm 22 and obviously since I'm writing on this board, it was completely unplanned. Fast forward two weeks and now I am 6W2D pregnant. I had to drop my organic chemistry class at college because the professor advised that the chemicals that we would be working with could cause birth defects especially during the first trimester.

I have no problem dropping the class for this reason but it bothers me to drop it because it's still just so early in the pregnancy. I know this is so pessimistic but if I miscarry, I'm going to feel like I dropped the class for nothing and I'm setting myself back a whole semester to graduate. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me how everything was going to work out.

On another note, I am constantly nausous 24/7. I can not get any relief!!! Does anyone have nausea advise, and advise on being more optimistic??

Thanks everyone, I hope you're all having wonderful days
January 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
Have you gone to the doctor yet? If not, go in, if so, give him or her a call about the nausea. There are some really effective medications to help with morning sickness. It's definitey not fun.

As far as school goes, I can see that would be discouraging. I would suggest talking to your adviser and adding in another class quick to replace organic chemistry so you can get another required class out of the way -- maybe something low key like a core class so you don't get too much on your plate. Advisors are so good at juggling your schedule and your graduation plans so I'm sure they could find something thwt would be a good fit right now.

The other thing I would suggest is scheduling an early ultrasounds. Most OBs do this routinely at their office around 6-8 weeks, but if yours doesn't, contact your local crisis pregnancy center. Most of them do free ultrasound and love to do them. At this point you could see your baby's heartbeat, and statistically once they've confirmed a beating heart your miscarriage risk drops dramatically. Obviously none of us has a garuntee that we won't miscarry at any time in the pregnancy, but that's something that's always eased my mind.

Glad things are going well otherwise, thanks for the update! Keep your eye on the prize -- the prize being a sweet cuddly newborn that you honestly will feel like you are going to explode with love for!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search