Too Young, not sure how to handle.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By mamatomany
  • 1 Post By Maddy6912
  • 1 Post By lms22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Hi ladies!

Im sure this topic has come up a lot, but I definitely just need some advice right now! I am 19 years old, and I am 8 weeks pregnant. We werent trying, I was on birth control but it failed. Yes, it seems hard to believe, but thats the way it happened. I havent told my parents yet because im not prepared for the reaction. I plan on doing it tonight but if any of you have any advice on what to do or what to expect I would really appreciate the insight.

I really don't think they will go off the handle. My mom was 16 years old when she had me so she will understand that part of the situation.. At this point I think i'm really just looking for someone to tell me itll all be okay!

Thanks in advance girls.

February 18th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
It will be okay! Seriously, it's going to be amazing . You're 19, not 16, which means it's not going to be anywhere near as hard for you as it was for your mom. No, it won't always be easy peasy, but you've totally got this.

Some advantages?
-- you're going to be a super energetic young mom and when your little son or daughter gets older you'll be really good friends and as adults grow to be almost peers. My mom was 22 when she had me, only three years older than you, and we are really good friends.

-- you have plenty of time to enjoy your baby's little years and still launch a very successful career if you choose

-- your body will bounce back from pregnancy and birth crazy fast

-- motherhood will majorly jumpstart your level of maturity, responsibility, and life goals. It's amazing what a focusing effect becoming a mother can be.

Those are just a few benefits, not to even begin mentioning the wonderful, overwhelming love and joy motherhood brings. I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 21. We were planning on waiting a few years to have kids, but believe me that my plans being interrupted was one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't change anything about it. My daughter is and always has been a great joy and treasure to us.

Best wishes on this new adventure and let us know how it goes with your parents. I encourage you too to join a birth board here on just mommies. It's so fun and encouraging to get to know other moms due the same month as you. Congratulations!
February 19th, 2014, 11:35 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
It will be ok!!!!! And hopefully your parents will be understanding and supportive. A surprise like this is scary at any age. Good luck! And please feel free to join us at the September 2014 DDC. There are some welcoming and knowledgeable ladies there.

February 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey there.

i am 18 years old, and my baby girl is almost 3 months. i could type my whole life story here but i'll save you the read the gist is: the end justifies the means. yes, you're young and have your life ahead of you. you will hear some **** you don't want to hear. your life is still your life. it's just that now, you have a baby in it. and most of your life, will now be spent shaping and caring for and growing this new life that is your child. and once that baby is here you won't be able to imagine it any other way. i already forgot what i talked about before i had my baby. (that may seem intimidating but trust me, your baby will become your favorite topic.)

if you ever need to vent/ ask questions, i'm a young mom right now. it's all fresh and new to me (no offense to older btdt moms!!). you can pm me on here anytime.
February 24th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I was 16 when I had my first, I was super young too. Im now 19 pregnant with my 2nd. I got married to DH at 18. I graduated nursing school and now here I am pregnant again. I just told my family last week they were excited. It will be okay! I am a very young mom but accomplished more then I even imagined I could. If you need someone to talk to im here! Hope it went well!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Veteran
I don't think 19 is too young at all! I got married when I was 17 and had my first PLANNED baby when I was 19. I loved being a young mom! That baby is now 12 and has grown into a wonderful young man. Good luck to you!
~*Bethy*~ likes this.
April 11th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my first at 19, NTNP He is the best thing that has ever happened to me - and I am on #4 now with the same husband/father! It IS doable! I 2nd other poster who said you will be more energetic! I am 28 and pregnant with #4 now, and I am WAY more tired than I was 9 years ago!! You will do wonderful
April 11th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Ditto everyone else! I was 17 when I got pregnant with my first, unplanned, and just turned 18 when he was born. Now I'm 21 and have a 3yr and a planned 1yr who was born when I was 20. It's hard but doable and the most rewarding thing ever!
June 20th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Some women take years to conceive a baby. I can't have any more babies. I want more, but finding a birth mom is difficult.

Tags
scared , young mothers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search