Unplanned pregnancy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hi my husband is 43 and I am 33. We have just found out we are pregnant. Hubby doesn't want to keep it cause of his age and we are struggling financially. I have in the past made him aware that I would never have an abortion. I have know Idea what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
April 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
Hopefully he will come around soon and both of you can get excited and look forward to your new little one. I am not sure where you are but check out some of the local Crisis Pregnancy Centers. They offer tons of services to assist you, counseling to help you get there emotionally, maternity clothing, baby food/formula, baby clothes, etc. Literally tons of resources to help mommas who are struggling with a pregnancy. You may be shocked to see what all is out there for people. As far as his age, that really isn't too old! My husband used to say he would not change diapers after 40...well guess what? Our latest is the best little baby and truly a gift from God....AND DH changes his diapers. Keep strong and don't let him pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.
April 8th, 2014, 09:00 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
I agree! I hope he will come around and bet he will. Maybe some alone time with him....away from the house and kids......just to reassure him that you two can do this. It may be hard, but you can.My husband did not want to be an "old" dad - we were not planning this one. But he is used to it now (or the idea that another is coming). And, yes, sometimes I get scared that babies eat $100 bills for breakfast, but there are non-profit and government resources to help. The fact that you are pregnant means you automatically qualify for WIC. Take advantage of that, I did with DS1 and not sure what I would have done without it. (We were a military family and the military pays so little you are under the food stamps and WIC line! Sad but true.) Also, do you have a freecycle in your area? I got many things for DS through that group. It is on Yahoo and it is a place to post items, often baby, that you would typically take to a goodwill or something, folks in your neighborhood are welcome to come pick it up. It was awesome for toys and clothes!!!! (And sometimes maternity clothes.) Finally, for better or for worse the affordable healthcare act is in place, and this means that you cannot be denied coverage or overcharged for medical services. There are now some medical safety nets for you. Oh - one last thing - when I was really struggling as s single Mom I went back to school. Again, financial help and loans got me through, and now I have a better degree and better job. Just an idea..... Mostly......GOOD LUCK and congratulations. Im sure this child will be a pure joy for you, your husband, and your family!!!!! How far along are you? Joining a DDC group depending on your due date could be good.......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search