How to tell him?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM
riversongbella's Avatar Veteran
I have no idea how to tell him?

I really don't want to wait ... just get it blurted out (but I really don't feel calling him or texting) is personal for this sort of news.

Stories of how to tell him? I have no idea what to do I had a plan this doesn't fit in the plan ... as of course life happens and the plan no longer becomes the plan. No idea what to do. I sort of want him to be the first person I tell ... since my bff didn't answer her phone. I take as a sign. Help please
June 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Ugh so not a fun situation...I told my guy (who is having a very hard time with life in general right now) he was not thrilled!! But I tried to remember that I was scared and shocked when I found out too. I had had a few days to take it all in so I felt like he was allowed to freak out when I first told him.

Take some deep breaths and just tell him as calmly as possible. Chances are you'll feel a million times better once he knows. Just try not to take his reaction too personally.

Hugs ladybug! Let us know how it goes!
June 17th, 2014, 09:19 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Do you think he will be happy/excited about the pregnancy? If so you could always find some cute way of telling him, like giving his a wrapped present with a onsie in it or baby booties or even containing your first ultrasound picture (usually get them around 5-6 weeks pregnant). If you don't want to something like that, then just take a deep breath and tell him. It would be something you want to do in person. Congratulations btw!!!

June 18th, 2014, 04:56 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Good luck! I hope it goes ok for you. Staying positive may help - I gave my DH the pregnancy test. Didnt say anything.....first time was planned, second not....so there was some silence, some pacing, but we have settled into the idea now.

"The best laid plans of mice and men are often led astray"

June 18th, 2014, 10:32 AM
riversongbella's Avatar Veteran
Ultrasounds can be that soon?? I should be 5wks-ish. (if my calculations are correct).

I really had no idea how he would react. I just flat out told him in person, kept it simple. My shock is how great he took the news! All smiles and we stared into space for quite a long time together (I loved not having processed this either) and being able to mutually go through the realizations and reactions together. I didn't want to wait longer than a day of finding out because I didn't want to reach any reactions before him.

Yes yes telling in person, you have to know your person quite well. The reaction he gave me I think is what every woman dreams to get just a big huge smile with beaming eyes. Now of course many decisions are to be made which hopefully we are on the same page about.

Thanks everyone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search