Accuracy of ultrasounds?! HELP

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JuliansMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM
FTM-Mar
Does anyone know how accurate ultrasounds are on dating a pregnancy? I had my first ultrasound early at 6 weeks, my second at 12, my third at 16 and a few more after because of a few complications that have since resolved. All of them dated me the same and put me at a due date of October 9th with a conception date of January 16th. I just want to know if it is by any means possible that I became pregnant December 23rd when i was mid menstrual cycle because my current boyfriend and I were on a break and i reunited with an ex on that night. However from December 25th on I was back with my current boyfriend and we had intercourse almost everyday. I am just curious what you guys think. We are doing a DNA test once the baby is born however the closes it gets the more concerned i get. :/
August 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if every single ultrasound is dating you the same, i think i would trust it. it's almost 3 weeks' difference in the dates, so if you did conceive the 23rd, they would have said something about a new due date.
August 15th, 2014, 09:27 PM
FTM-Mar
Thank you for the response, thats what I am basically seeing over the internet when I google it I guess I just wanted to hear it from a real person for reassurance. Thanks again!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
August 16th, 2014, 07:13 PM
when i was pregnant with my daughter, they changed her due date from the 26th to the 28th because she was a teeny bit ahead on her growth. if they care about two days, i'm sure they would have said something about your baby being 3 weeks off, ya know?
August 16th, 2014, 09:05 PM
FTM-Mar
Wow yea I had no idea they were that specific and kept track that intensely. I had no idea since its my first pregnancy and we aren't near any family whatsoever. And since I am fairly young (22) , i don't have any friends who already had children. So thank you. Your little girl is adorable!
August 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
aha, thanks! she's my first. my boyfriend (her dad) and i are fairly young too- 18 and 20. i'm figuring it out as i go along. if you have any more questions or need to talk to someone who's been there, you can always message me.
August 19th, 2014, 09:11 AM
FTM-Mar
thank you so much I appreciate that because to be honest I don't know anyone else my age that has children, we are the first in our group of friends and our family is a few hours away. So i will most likely have some questions for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search