I already have 3 young boys...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I feel so upset, confused, angry and guilty I truly do not know what to do. I thought maybe posting on a forum like this could help.
I have 3 beautiful boys, 6.5, 4 and 1 year old. I feel very lucky and knew our family was complete the second I got pregnant with my third. I have given all my baby stuff away, all my maternity clothes, etc. as I was excited to clear stuff out of my house and was so excited of the freedom we were about to enjoy being "baby-free." Everyone in my life knows I was done, never wanted to be pregnant again, etc. my husband and I both work full-time and I know our plates are full and the thought of adding another little one to the mix frankly throws me into an anxiety attack.
I learned I was pregnant 2 days ago on my youngest's 1st birthday. I don't understand how or why this happened. My husband and I have always used protection and I was planning on getting an iud at my next ob appt. I am beyond shocked and feel sick about this. Not only does not one ounce of me want to be pregnant or have another child, but I haven't taken a single vitamin AND I have probably drank more alcohol in the last 2 months than I have in my whole life thanks to a slew of fun summer parties. I am beyond worried about this baby, I am DREADING taking care of the 3 boys as I get large and miserable, and I am embarrassed and sad knowing that everyone in my life will know i did not plan or want this child.
I feel like my life just went from being perfect to being an overwhelming ****show. I feel so lost. If anyone at all has gone through this and has any perspective to share I would be very grateful. Thank you.
August 17th, 2014, 01:03 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Super Mommy
I kinda relate how you feel or I did when I thought I was pregnant with # 3. After I had my second I felt like our family was complete and we even sold/gave away all of our baby stuff earlier this summer. I was terrified and didn't know if I could mentally raise a third child when I already felt like I reached my limit with the two we have now. Plus I felt awful for random thoughts of not even wanting a third child if I was pregnant.

Well I found out almost three weeks ago that I was indeed pregnant and with our families support and happiness I started to get excited also. It didn't fully hit me that I wanted this baby until a few days ago when I went to the bathroom and wiped and saw blood on the tissue . I knew then that I didn't want to lose my baby, even if he/she was going to be a new challenge for our family, he/she was still my baby.

Luckily we went to the hospital and I saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound and I have another appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow . I am now 7 weeks 3 days pregnant and couldn't feel more protective and love for our new addition. Lucy if she's a girl and Brandon if he's a boy <3.

I understand it's very overwhelming right now but if you decide to keep your baby I'm sure he/she will fit right into your family just as perfectly as your other three . Talk it over with your DH and decide what is the right decision for you both.

Mommy to Abigail Sarah Louise, 1-20-2015

August 19th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Veteran
My third was so unexpected but a huge blessing. She is two months old and I am still trying to get used to new routines but she is so worth it. I had also given away almost everything and my next youngest is 6.
August 21st, 2014, 11:44 AM
I know exactly what your going through. I know it sounds cliche but hang in there everything happens for a reason
August 22nd, 2014, 10:25 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
This is exactly how I felt when I found out I was due with #3... We were clearly done at 2 and I also sold/got rid of all of my maternity and baby stuff. Now I'm weeks away from delivering a sweet little girl (which I never thought I'd have a girl) Part of me is still scared to death as my husband and I also work fulltime and finances can be tight with the cost of having 3 little ones in daycare/preschool. Everyone tells me it will be ok and it will be ok for you too Praying for comfort for you...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search