such an idiot!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well dylans daddy asked me how much he weights and i said almost 13 pounds...i no it sounds kinda alot for a 1 month and 2 week baby but he doesnt even look chubby cause hes really tall but anyways hes like "no offense but i hope he isnt chubby!"...what a freaken idiot he should be thankful his son is healthy...i mean give him a break its not like he could run around and stuff oh and heres the funny part!!...he even asked me how many more kids i want!!!!!! all this BS that i went through while pregnant with dylan and what im still going through and he ask me how many more i want!!!...sorry but im not having anymore kids with anyone that isnt going to be happy cause im not going through what i did again..isnt it funny?

August 7th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
well..."funny" isn't the word I'd use to describe it...Frustrating, irritating and stupid are more like it...lol

Well, I hate to say it, but *sigh*, in his defense, I have to admit I've said the same thing about Fiona, about hoping she's not chubby. But, the only reason I did say it was because my friend gave birth to twins and one of them is HUGE!! Almost 20 lbs at 6 months. The doc told her her baby was in the 97 percentile range...meaning only 3 babies in 100 are bigger than her. So she's pretty obese for her age. And it's nothing she did either, it just happened.
So he's not the only person to have thought it...lol

But I mean along with everything you've gone through with him, a comment like this isn't really anything you need to be hearing right now. He's said some dumb things along the way...And omg! As if more kids with him!! lol
August 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
JenniferLaMa's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JenniferLaMa
He hopes he isnt chubby? What? Has he seen Dylan, that baby is GORGEOUS!!!! Besides as someone who has dealt with weight issues my whole life, even if any of our babies are chubby ...so? so? So what? With the right nutrition it's a temporary problem.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Snowball fight '06- I've been hit!: betsyw-1, skittles4you-1, lovemyfamily-1, Nicolee-1, coley125-1, ecstaticmommy-1, armywife03-1, mama-honey-1</span>
August 8th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh how annoying Dylan is gorgeous he should be happy and leave it at that...although I admit I sometimes worry that Mattea will be a fat little baby b/c she's making me so fat
August 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
irishxrose
Men.

Wait, how much did Dylan weigh at birth? If it was in the 8 lb range or higher, than 13 lbs is about normal.

Joshua is 13 lbs, 7 oz, and he's three and a half months! But Joshua was 6 lbs 15 oz at birth, so that's why. Anyways, don't worry, honey, Dylan's a cutie and if he's chubby, SO WHAT! He's gorgeous! Besides, chubby babies are cute.
August 9th, 2006, 01:54 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I think its just fine! Seamus was 7.9lbs at birth and is already 9.5 and hes only 3 weeks old, so i think at the same age and Dylan he will be the same, and if they are long they aren't chunky! geeze how rude of him!

August 10th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a jerk!
I can't believe he had the nerve to ask about more kids!

Are you guys even dating anymore?
August 10th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dont even no what we are...id say no..he comes to see dylan thats it

August 15th, 2006, 09:10 AM
oLawdImaMomma's Avatar Veteran
ok i am just a lurker here but i think this might make u feel better.... Owen was 9lb10oz when he was born. at his 4 week check up he was 14 lb 4oz and now at 4 months he is almost 18 lbs lol hes not chubby he is just long. and babies are supposed to be chubby! thats what makes them so darn cute!
August 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nephew was the chubbiest thing ever until he started walking.

that's what babies are... CHUBBY!!!

I think that some people worry too much about how much their baby weighs these days. If s/he is cute and healthy... or at least just healthy... LOL... then that's all you need to concern yourself with!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
August 15th, 2006, 05:34 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
My daughter was 8 lbs. 10 oz. at birth and hit over 20 lbs by her 9 month check up. She hasn't gained a pound as of her 15 month check up. Babies even out their weight and length as they grow. Oh and also my daughter wasn't even long. She was only 20 inches at birth and is only about 30 inches now. So don't worry about it. He'll be alright.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 15th, 2006, 06:13 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
ok i am just a lurker here but i think this might make u feel better.... Owen was 9lb10oz when he was born. at his 4 week check up he was 14 lb 4oz and now at 4 months he is almost 18 lbs lol hes not chubby he is just long. and babies are supposed to be chubby! thats what makes them so darn cute![/b]
Also a lurker... Ben was 8/6 at birth. Checkups: He was 13 lbs at 1 mo, 16 at 2 mos, 20 at 4 mos, 22 at 6 mos, and he's 25 lbs now. I'd suspect he'll be 26 at his 9 mo checkup. He's perfectly healthy. His daddy is tall, and I'm sure he will be as well. He is definitely not fat. In fact, no one - I mean NO one - ever says anything about him being fat... he's well proportioned, but large, so people usually mistake him for an 18 mo old. He's currently wearing 24 mo clothes. That's just life. He's been in the 100th% for most of his life, and I suspect he'll stay that way. ...and just an FYI, their weight gain drops off dramatically when they start crawling/walking. Let him gain all the weight he wants right now. I think he's beautiful and healthy. Some mothers only dream of what you have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search