Opinion Needed - Who is the father?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2006, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
Glad everything is going well so far. So when do you get your results?
August 22nd, 2006, 01:51 PM
shannon61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too am in a very similar situation. Both guys are pretty good friends, very drunk situations & the dates are close. I immediately called both of them when i found out, unfortunately neither of them are ready or want a baby. At that point i had no idea what i wanted to do, but i decided to keep the baby & do it on my own (with the help of my family). To be honest I dont really want to know who the father is b/c neither of them wanted the baby. I am a very strong person & I've always been pretty independant so I know I can raise the baby. Its gonna be hard at times, but I'll make it, I always have. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in a situation like this...it made me feel pretty bad about myself, but I knew I had to be strong!

I hope you're testing went well! Good luck with your pregnancy!

</a>

August 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM
So I thought I would get my results yesterday, but it turns out I won't hear back until Tuesday. I am really feeling depressed. Saturdays are the worst for me, I'm not sure why.

After my CVS last Thursday afternoon, I woke up with a little bleeding on Friday morning--a normal side effect from the procedure that turned quickly to some dark brown spotting and then disappeared completely. Nothing, no blood most of the day Friday, then, about midnight on saturday night I felt something weird happening down there, when I reached down to check there was a lot of blood. I went to the emergency room immediately to have it checked out, they weren't able to do an US or check the heart that night but did a pelvic and said everything should be fine, that I was experiencing Venous Lake Bleeding, where the blood kind of pools and then just gushes out. I had an ultrasound the following morning and the baby and everything looked fine (thank goodness). Interestingly enough, the US dating on this completely different machine and technician (with 27 years experience) gave me the same date as the other machine--which Thursday evening was 13 weeks 2 days and Sunday morning, 13 weeks 4 days---both indicating #1 vs #2. Too bad ultrasounds aren't exactly accuarte because that +/- 3-5 days are pretty crucial.

I have never felt worse in my life than I did on Saturday. I knew that if I lost the baby it would be my fault because I chose to have the procedure. If I could, I would have gone back and never had the CVS done. I felt so selfish. I realized that it didn't matter who the father is because no matter what I want my baby and it's mine. I have been doing my best to hold on to this feeling when I get down in anticipating results.

A few more days and this part will be over. Thanks for listening to my vent.
August 28th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Super Mommy
Well, you don't have to worry much now, the procedure is over and the baby is doing fine.

I hope you don't keep feeling that way on Saturdays, although I know what you mean, I am really struggling emotionally.

Well, let us know when the results come in!
August 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that your baby's father chooses to be a part of the child's life but if not you can still be a great mother and I am so glad to hear you have family to help you out. When I got pregnant with my son he was a "surprise" and my husband and I were separated and I got really depressed and cried daily... and my son was still born healthy and happy. I say that beacuse you were worried about the stress affecting the baby. Best wishes
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
August 29th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks. I have been crying everyday too. All of these extra hormones arent' helping any.

I will be getting results back tomorrow sometime before 3:30 PST. I have to sit around and wait for a fax all day.
August 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
results in early. it's guy number 1. i'm devastated.
August 31st, 2006, 06:10 AM
Super Mommy
Oh honey, I'm sorry. Guess both of us didn't get exactly what we wished for

It will get better, I promise. It got better for me, even though the father is not involved right now.

Try to focus on the beautiful baby you are going to have and keep busy!
September 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
JenElly's Avatar Veteran
I;m sorry you're upset, but at least you know. But, after reading this: "The reason I was worried after the second guy is that I really would never want to have children with him---we're just friends who were drunk. The other guy is not my bf either (i don't have one) but I like him so I wouldn't have panicked about having his child, though it didn't even cross my mind (okay, maybe fleetingly) that i could be pregnant by him either." I thought you would rather it was the 1st guy? Or, was I reading that wrong? Either way, I hope it all works out.

siggies made by friends from another site

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search