Need Advice

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Regular
Hi I'm ashley i'm new here.
Here is my situation, i am 4 days late for my period. I have been regular since i was 13 and now i am 20. Me and my husband have had unprotected sex several times since my last priod. I don't think it stress, becasue frankly i am not under any right at the moment. I usually stay regular even through stressful situations like planning my wedding and the passing of my mother.
I have been very tired lately and appetite has started to change ( been wanting lots of cheeseburgers ) my nipples are very tender and start to hurt if my husband tries to play with them. ALright i know everyone now is thinking i should test. Well i have 3 times and two of the three were negative, the third was an e.p.t. certainty digital, it said not pregnant, but then on the actual stick there was a VERY faint line next to the control line.
I guess my question is if anyone else out there has been through this and were actually pregnant. Please let me know if you have gotten BFN on any test and it turned out you were indeed pregnant. Which test would someone recomend ( i have alreayd tired first response and EPT certainty)? someone told me to try one from walmart because they can be very sensitive. Any advice would be very helpful!
April 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just get a regular test like Clear Blue Easy or CVS (the drug store). I've heard those digital ones can give mixed messages. For some women it takes a week of thier period being late before they get a positive result. Also its best to test with first morning urine because its consintrated (sp?). Good luck

Oh and welcome to JM!

April 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Well, I had tender breasts & nipples, increased appetite, and stuff like that. I tested 2 days after my first missed period and got a positive. I didn't test first thing in the morning. And I tested again to make sure, and that was positive too. I used a First Response. If you suspect that you really are, I would call the doc and arrange a blood test. That way you can know, ya know what I mean?

Anyhow, let us know how it works out hun, and good luck!
April 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Regular
well i called my doctor, since i have to use military doctors and stuf, i can't get an appointment till next week. Now its just playing the waiting game! I will be testing again on friday, so hopefully i will have some answers then. thank ya'll for the great advice.
April 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Well hun, good luck and keep us updated! It sucks to play the waiting game, but at least you will know before too long!
April 27th, 2005, 03:16 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Been there. I actually bought a test at the 99cent store and it came back faint positive but the urine test at the doctor came back negative but the blood test was positive. I would get a regular test (not the digital) and test with that in a few days.
April 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Regular
Well my doc had a cancellation today. I was able to get in there and take a blood test. Now all i have to do is wait for 2 hours, then i get to find out. I'm kinda anxious, this wasn't planned but the more i think about it the more excited i get. Cross your fingers!
April 29th, 2005, 07:30 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Crossing fingers for you hun!! Let us know how it works out! So, you're excited about the possibility of you being pregnant? Are you nervous at all?

I remember that's how I felt. I was so nervous to go and take the blood test because I thought that it would come back negative after I had got 2 positives from the HPT's. But it came back positive and I was so happy. Even though it was unplanned, I had already become used to the idea of being a mommie!
April 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM
zachandlogansmommy's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to zachandlogansmommy
Popping in from the Dec. DDC... I was actually 9 days late for AF when I got my first BFP. I took like 5 tests that were BFN during that week AF was supposed to start and then got a BFP. Good Luck!!!

Stacy

[img]

<iframe src = "http://w4.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurena me=MyBabies&pa=/y110/Stacyyoung/" height = 140 width = 425 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>
May 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope ur blood test came out good, good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search