AHHHHH!!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM
hey ladies....well i got a surprise when i went in for a sonogram today. I was just getting used to the fact of having 1 baby and found out today I am having TWINS!!!!! is that crazy!!! They confirmed my due date as 04/03/07 instead of 03/23/07. I am freaking out now!!!! I feel like its going to be twice as hard now and I was just preparing myself for one. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
August 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! You will get used to the idea. Maybe you should read the mulitples board and get to know the ladies over there. Good luck!

Chelci

August 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! Dont worry everything will turn out wonderful!!!! Whats meant to be will be for a reason!!!

August 16th, 2006, 03:12 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG-I am so jealous! Congrats!

August 17th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey...Well first off congrats! Twins is a huge thing! Try not to get too stressed over the idea. One of my best friends was the first of us to get preggers, and wouldn't ya know it!?? She was having twins!!!!
Honestly, her best advice is schedule schedule schedule...try to get them on a schedule as soon as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and remember to always try to stay calm. There are gonna be times where both are crying at the same time...the trick is to not let it get to you. You're gonna have to learn to tune things out from time to time. She chose not to breast feed because she wouldn't be able to get any help that way...You might want to decide how you want to work that out for you.
Also, she's had to come up with some pretty innovative things to make things work...like the twins are now 8 months and when she needs to give them their bottle, she lays them in their bouncers, and does something with blankets that hold up the bottles for her, so she doesn't have to do it. You can actually buy these little contraptions but she just sort of has these little make-shift versions of them.
But wow! Twins! That's gonna be so much fun! Hard, but fun! Good luck and keep us posted on their progress! (do you know if they're identical or fraternal? and will you be finding our their sex??)
August 17th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Hey...Well first off congrats! Twins is a huge thing! Try not to get too stressed over the idea. One of my best friends was the first of us to get preggers, and wouldn't ya know it!?? She was having twins!!!!
Honestly, her best advice is schedule schedule schedule...try to get them on a schedule as soon as possible. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and remember to always try to stay calm. There are gonna be times where both are crying at the same time...the trick is to not let it get to you. You're gonna have to learn to tune things out from time to time. She chose not to breast feed because she wouldn't be able to get any help that way...You might want to decide how you want to work that out for you.
Also, she's had to come up with some pretty innovative things to make things work...like the twins are now 8 months and when she needs to give them their bottle, she lays them in their bouncers, and does something with blankets that hold up the bottles for her, so she doesn't have to do it. You can actually buy these little contraptions but she just sort of has these little make-shift versions of them.
But wow! Twins! That's gonna be so much fun! Hard, but fun! Good luck and keep us posted on their progress! (do you know if they're identical or fraternal? and will you be finding our their sex??)[/b]

Thanks for all of the advice. I was planning to breastfeed when I thought I was having one but I dont think I could do it with 2! I have a lot of support from family & friends, I am trying to stay positive about it all but geez is it scary! They are fraternal twins, and yes I have to find out what they are! Dont think I could wait to find out. my fiance is hoping for 2 boys of course but I would love one of each.....who wouldnt ask for that LOL I will definitely keep you posted.
August 18th, 2006, 09:22 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Wow!!! Do twins run in your family? I'm jealous. LOL. We have a few sets but none in my immediate family. I have dreams of twins sometimes and I really hope if I ever get pregnant again I have twins. GL with everything. Here's to a smooth and easy pregnancy!!!!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
ro8821's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! My little brother had twins 2 years ago.. You never think you can do it.. But some how you find it in yourself that you can. And then when its all done and said.. you wouldn't trade it for the world.. you wil find SO much love in having twins..
I hated that fact that my little brother was having a baby. then we found out it was too.. and I was in such shock.. But now.. there is no way that I could pick one over the other.. They bring so much joy in life..

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

August 20th, 2006, 07:35 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
Quote:
Thanks for all of the advice. I was planning to breastfeed when I thought I was having one but I dont think I could do it with 2! I have a lot of support from family & friends, I am trying to stay positive about it all but geez is it scary! They are fraternal twins, and yes I have to find out what they are! Dont think I could wait to find out. my fiance is hoping for 2 boys of course but I would love one of each.....who wouldnt ask for that LOL I will definitely keep you posted.[/b]
you can def breastfeed two babies, just feed them off of each breast at the same time. plus think of all the bottles you wont have to worry about sterilizing. if you want some advice stop by the breastfeeding board, i kno there are a couple of moms who breastfed multiples or even tandem nurse.

August 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
irishxrose
Congrats!!!

I can barely handle one... I'd never be able to have twins! But I know you can do it.
August 21st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When our friend Danny found out his wife was carrying twins he said "It's awful, I mean awesome!" haha....

Congrats and Good Luck! I'd almost rather have twins so I could have two kids and only be pregnant once!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

August 24th, 2006, 10:05 AM
TotsnTwins
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for all of the advice. I was planning to breastfeed when I thought I was having one but I dont think I could do it with 2! I have a lot of support from family & friends, I am trying to stay positive about it all but geez is it scary! They are fraternal twins, and yes I have to find out what they are! Dont think I could wait to find out. my fiance is hoping for 2 boys of course but I would love one of each.....who wouldnt ask for that LOL I will definitely keep you posted.[/b]
you can def breastfeed two babies, just feed them off of each breast at the same time. plus think of all the bottles you wont have to worry about sterilizing. if you want some advice stop by the breastfeeding board, i kno there are a couple of moms who breastfed multiples or even tandem nurse.
[/b]

:opping in from another board:::

You can definately breastfeed two. I nursed my girls at the same time using the football hold. I used to sit down on the couch with my boppy, nurse them, and eat dinner at the same time LOL You get really good at multitasking when you have to nurse them together.

We supplmented formula too, which was nice. It gave me a little break everyone once and awhile. If you don't nurse at the same time, I suggest feeding one right after the other. Especially at night. Otherwise you will never get any rest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search