Telling mom not with babies dad

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2006, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Well, not sure how many of you know my situation, but i'll give you a quick version. Me and F were together for 5 years before we broke up 1 1/2 years ago. I met D and dated for a few months and got pregnant. Me and D did not make it and F moved in to take care of me. Well me and F are back together and doing great and is great about my unborn child. Well my parents really don't care for F. My dad pretty much knows everything and says as long as I'm happy he's OK with it. Well my mom is a completly different person. Everything has to be picture perfect. Haven't really told her me and D aren't together (happened back in June). She will probably give me this long lecture. Growing up me and my mom used to argue all the time cause everything had to be picture perfect and her way. My dad is more of the what ever make you happy, i'm happy (more like me). Well, I also work in the same area as my mom and she told everybody how much she didn't like him when we broke up and now everyone at work also doesn't like him. I feel like i'm living this lie, but I have never been so happy as I am with F right now. I want everything in the open, but I don't want my work place to be stressfull with her always saying something. It's to the point where I really don't wanna come back to the same area after maternity leave. Another dinger she's going to hate. I've decided to become a Christian and raise this child a christian. I was brought up Catholic, but only went to church for holidays. I know this is long and rantful, but I really need to get everything off my chest and just don't know how.
- F doesn't know my mom doesn't care for him and is always talking about going over to visit.
I really got myself into a mes, lol.

August 21st, 2006, 09:38 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well, not sure how many of you know my situation, but i'll give you a quick version. Me and F were together Another dinger she's going to hate. I've decided to become a Christian and raise this child a christian. I was brought up Catholic, but only went to church for holidays.[/b]
Don't worry about the religion thing, you're already a Christian if you were raised Catholic.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

August 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM
Veteran
I know it's not a big change in religion- but more specifically it's baptist.

August 22nd, 2006, 05:31 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you should be open with her, and let her know that she should respect your choices because you are an adult. Good luck anyhow.
August 30th, 2006, 12:45 PM
collegegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
First of all congrats!
Second, all that matters is that you are happy and healthy!!!!!
I understand the stress you are going though with this, my situation isn't the same, but could be considered similar. (BF and I are having a baby and my father isn't too happy about it, but I won't go into it.) I think you just need to be open and honest with everybody. (Your mother AND F since he has no idea) Sit down with your mother and talk to her, face to face, just the two of you. No distractions, nobody else around. Even if she doesn't like your choices or agree, she will have to respect you for being open and honest. I know it's all easier said than done, trust me, but the sooner the better. Be straight to the point, don't beat around the bush so to say.
It may help for you to talk to F first. That way, he knows what is going on and can offer you moral support before and after you talk to her. It sounds like he is a great guy and if he's as great as you make him sound, I'm sure he'll be helpful. As for letting him know about what your mom thinks, let him know as gently as possible. He's a part of this too and it's only fair if he knows what is going on.
Best of luck to you with everything! If you want someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message anytime! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Also....regardless of how they respond, you will feel alot better getting it all out. I can promise you that much!
__

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search