alcohol before knew pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Regular
I just took a hpt and it came out positive (I haven't been to the doctor yet). According to a few different online calculators, I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. Now I'm worried because on the 19th (9 days ago), I went to a party and drank alcohol. I had about 4-5 drinks in about a 7 hour period. I never got drunk, but I did feel a little buzzed for about an hour or so. I didn't know I was pregnant! I'm especially worried because I read online that the baby's nervous system starts to develop at about the 3rd week. Help! Does anyone know what the chances are that I've caused damage to my baby? This is definitely a welcome surprise, but now I'm a little scared.
August 28th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First off, Congrats!!! and Welcome to JM!

Well, I found out I was pregnant Oct 1st, 2005...I was a month pregnant at that time. On the 16th of Sept, I went to a concert, and got totally drunk. Then the day we "apparently" concieved, I was really drunk at a wedding...lol Then the whole month of September, I drank whenever I went out to a restaurant, or out with my friends...I'm not an alkie!! I promise, it's just that there were a lot of weddings going on around that time, and it was still nice outside, so I hung out a lot at restaurants on the patios...
And Fiona turned out just fine. I never drank after I found out, but that first month, I did when I didn't know. I don't think it's much to worry about. Just mention it to your doctor.
Good luck.
August 28th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Wisey
My best friend calls my little girl Guiness, because the weekend before I found out we hit up an irish pub that had a special on Guiness and we both got to trashed we had to wait for a friend to get off work and drive us home because we had a little to much fun. Sophia is a healthy happy baby girl!

She was also most likely conceived on the night me a Dh has to much Grey Goose Vodka!
August 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Regular
Thank you, all of you! I spent a long time on the internet, and came across this topic on a few other message boards. Most people said the same thing you guys did. I do feel relieved and I'm sure everything will be fine, but there's always that small worry.

I took the test today when my husband was at work. I waited and waited for him to come home, and then I remembered that he was going to a baseball game after work. I didn't want to tell him over the phone, so here I am still waiting! This will be our first! =)

Thanks again!
August 30th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just like all the other girls said... was drinking a lot around Christmas and New Years and found out I was pregnant a few weeks later. My baby isn't born yet... but from what we can tell so far, all is good

Congrats by the way!!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

August 30th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
Most dr. will tell you that you are o-kay. LOTS of women drink before they know they are pregnant. I did, but stopped as soon as I knew. I am sure all will be well.
August 30th, 2006, 06:41 PM
ro8821's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there. I was a good 7 weeks before I found out I was pregnant.. And to be honest, Summer was starting, and I was drinking like a fish. Everyday!!! I know sounds bad. But I would drink after work everyday.. and we just put in a pool. so what went better with warm sunny weather and a new pool. Well, Several COLD ones of course..
So, I drank everyday before and up till 7 weeks into my pregnancy. But when I found out. I did stop drinking. Have an occasional sip every now and then, but my doc says that You can have a drink once a week, or once a day.. I don't rememeber which one..
My doctor said everything looked fine with him, so Ido belive that you are in good shape.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

August 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Regular
LOL you are okay.. I was 5 weeks pregnant when I found out and the dad ran out to buy Moet to celebrate .. I stopped drinking that month ..I guess as long as you dont drink constantly you'll be alright..its funny how a doctor can say drinking is okay now and then but my post about *bud got deleted.. and im still bitter about them deleting it..the monitors on this board must be a little Watch out they might delete your post thinking you are promoting substance abuse
August 31st, 2006, 10:08 AM
cbenel79's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldnt worry, i found out i was preg at 3 weeks and i wana say a week and half b4 I went out one night and got really really drunk, i had a horrible hangover the next day. The dr said not to worry and that many women find out they are pregnant 6-8 weeks and since they didnt know they drank occionally too. Its common and not to worry just dont anymore. Im 6 months now and everything is looking good

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search