False Negative HCG tests

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Regular
Ok, so here I go. I am almost three months late for AF. I have had all the blood and hpt tests come up negative. But yet I have had some strange symptoms, including extremely increased amount of CM, nausea, some dizziness, exhaustion (approx. twelve hours of sleep each day), some dull pain in my hips, and lower abdomen, and a funny tingling in my lower abdomen (it's hard to describe). I am just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems. I have already seen my healthcare provider, she also tested me for thyroid problems, which came up normal. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the end of the week, but I am getting sick of waiting. My dh and I weren't planning on ttc yet, but would much rather be preggo than have pcos, or some other health problem. Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated.
August 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM
asianmama
sounds like me with this pregnancy-- i was 8 weeks late though.an u/s proved that i was indeed preggo

good luck and i hope u get the results u want
August 30th, 2006, 12:54 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is rare, but not impossible.My mom was 3 and a half moths preggo with my sister and all her tests, including blood, were coming up negative. The doctors were telling her she was mentally ill and trying to get her to go to a psychiatrist, because she kept insisting she WAS pregnant. Sure enough, they finally did a u/s and saw the baby....at almost 4 months.

August 30th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Regular
Thank you guys. To be honest, I haven't insisted that i'm pregnant to my doctor, but I insisted that she set me up for an ultrasound for this week. So sounds like i'll be going in to get some answers on friday. I am newly off of bc--since february, but i have had several normal cycles since then, and even when I was doing three months on, one week of placebos, I could only last a little over 1 1/2 months without breakthrough bleeding. So now it seems really strange that my body has went almost three months without so much as a day of spotting.
August 30th, 2006, 09:32 AM
asianmama
hope friday hurries up so u can get answers.

what b/c were u on?????

i was on the depo shot befor i conceive this baby-- my doctor belived the depo shot made me crazy, and screwed my cycles up and i was making this pregnancy up out of thin air...

also some advice-- since u dont really know if u are or arent- just take care of urself as if u were pregnant- no drinking, smoking and other bad stuff. u can take prenatal vitamins too. it never hurt anyone to take them while they werent preggo-- this way when u do ttc u have enough good stuff in ur syster-- also if u are preggo its good for baby and mommy.
August 30th, 2006, 10:10 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thank you guys. To be honest, I haven't insisted that i'm pregnant to my doctor, but I insisted that she set me up for an ultrasound for this week. So sounds like i'll be going in to get some answers on friday. I am newly off of bc--since february, but i have had several normal cycles since then, and even when I was doing three months on, one week of placebos, I could only last a little over 1 1/2 months without breakthrough bleeding. So now it seems really strange that my body has went almost three months without so much as a day of spotting.[/b]

Just FYI, I've helped many NFP clients learn to chart after coming off a hormonal contraceptive and it's not uncommon to have a few normal cycles, and THEN things go crazy for awhile before settling down again.
I've seen this sort of thing most commonly with the higher dose oral contraceptives, and Depo.

If you are not pregnant, it would not be irrational to chalk it up to the hormonal transition of coming off the contraceptive. If things do not improve within a year, THEN it's time to start considering health problems.

Shawna
September 5th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Regular
I was on orthoevera for about 9 months approx three years ago. I had problems with it, so i switched to normal bc. I have been on nordette for the last year or so without problems. I haven't gotten my results back from the u/s, but from what the tech would show me, i fear that i may have low estrogen levels perhaps even pcos. Thank you all for your help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search