How many got pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
dreaming_of_baby's Avatar cupcake monster
How many of you got pregnant using the pull out method? I was trying to conceieve with my boyfriend, and we ended up breaking up. I wasn't pregnant. But last week I had unprotected sex with a really good friend of mine, and I didn't realize I was ovulating, I know he pulled out before he fully ejaculated (sorry tmi) but I'm not sure if any got in me or if the pre-cum did the trick, so basically how many of you ended up expecting using this method? Oh and I'm not on any BC.

May 7th, 2005, 08:13 PM
RmN32611's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RmN32611
I wasnt on b/c either, and got pregnant from the pull out method.

May 8th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
i was on birthcontrol and got pregnant so i can't be of much help. but we were using the pull out method before i got pregnant and went on the depo shot... funny how that worked out!!! i think i should go ask for my money back... lol... just kidding!!!
May 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant on the pull out method... we were charting my ovulation and using a diaphragm and spermicide at "risky" times, and pull out the rest of the month. My cycle got thrown off by an ovarian cyst I didn't know about, and so we used pull out when I ovulated. And sure enough, I'm 13 weeks pregnant!

May 10th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Veteran
My husband and I have been married 3 years- dated off/on for 10 years prior. We used the "withdrawal" method the whole time. Hubby thought he was an expert- I knew otherwise. My doctors have always said that I probably would never get pregnant without medical intervention... Well I'm now 12 wks pregnant. Go figure. After 10+ years I/we were convinced we were infertile. We were going to start really trying in a few years.

It's been quite a shock and we are having a very hard time adjusting to the surprise.

May 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM
2with1togo's Avatar Veteran
oh the old "if I pull out and no semen get in you can't get pregnant" trick. Yep been there. And can I introduce you to my 22 (tomorrow) week fetus?

Most men don't understand its not just their actual ejaculation that can get the woman pregnant. The precum can do that as well.
May 11th, 2005, 05:38 AM
I am in the 2ww right now, but it looks like I am pregnant we used the pull out method, but we also got drunk one night and one thing led to another and here we are, but you are right we knew the risks of precum ect. so really we are equipped for the inevitable lol.
May 11th, 2005, 10:21 AM
OMG! Hubby and I never used condoms cause I am allergic to laytex and we only used b/c pills while we were dating and we used the pull out method the whole time we dated and were married before we decided to have JJ, so that was like 3 1/2 years almost that we never had a problem so I figured I was ok now seens how I couldnt be on b/c cause it dried up my milk supply but I was wrong. We used the pull out method and now I am either 14 weeks or 17 weeks preggo (not sure how far along its a long story if you want to know ask). It doesnt always work!

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Jonathan Joseph is</font>
</center>

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">IT'S A BOY!</font>
</p></center>
May 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by 2with1togo@May 10 2005, 04:20 PM
oh the old "if I pull out and no semen get in you can't get pregnant" trick.* Yep been there.* And can I introduce you to my 22 (tomorrow) week fetus?

Most men don't understand its not just their actual ejaculation that can get the woman pregnant.* The precum can do that as well.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
You know, this is weird. Because I've always heard the same thing. But here's the deal. I was watching CSI (I know, it's TV) and they had a case where a girl was sexually assaulted and they thought that he came in her hair. They cleaned it out of her hair and found out that it was pre-cum. Well, turns out that pre-cum doesn't have any actual sperm in it, therefore no DNA, so it was useless to them. At least that's what they said. So I am skeptical about pre-cum, but I still wouldn't take chances.
May 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
2with1togo's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by krydiddy+May 11 2005, 12:50 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-2with1togo
Quote:
@May 10 2005, 04:20 PM
oh the old "if I pull out and no semen get in you can't get pregnant" trick.* Yep been there.* And can I introduce you to my 22 (tomorrow) week fetus?

Most men don't understand its not just their actual ejaculation that can get the woman pregnant.* The precum can do that as well.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, this is weird. Because I've always heard the same thing. But here's the deal. I was watching CSI (I know, it's TV) and they had a case where a girl was sexually assaulted and they thought that he came in her hair. They cleaned it out of her hair and found out that it was pre-cum. Well, turns out that pre-cum doesn't have any actual sperm in it, therefore no DNA, so it was useless to them. At least that's what they said. So I am skeptical about pre-cum, but I still wouldn't take chances.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

OK TMI alert LOL

DH does NOT every finish up in me and pulls out before any actual semen comes out. Yet I still got pregnant.

OK I just googled this as well and here are a couple different sites that address this, ok granted they are sites that are ask a question get an answer type thing but they still mention precum:

Quote:
Pre-ejaculate, also known as pre-cum, is the liquid that seeps from the tip of the penis during sexual excitement before ejaculation happens. This fluid helps coats the urethra and helps sperm move. If there are sperm in the urethra from a previous ejaculation, then pre-cum could push them through the penis before a guy actually comes. So, it's possible for pre-cum to carry a sexually transmitted infection or cause pregnancy.[/b]
http://www.teenwire.com/index.asp?taStrona...0010503p212.asp

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex...ual/Q42532.html

http://www.drdrew.com/article.asp?id=982
May 12th, 2005, 06:14 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Well, that makes sense. I just thought it was odd that they said that on CSI and it went against everything I had ever heard.... WEIRD, but interesting, nonetheless!
May 12th, 2005, 05:10 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
Hey All-
I stopped taking the b/c pill Cyclessa two or three cycles ago, just because my hormones got too out of whack, and I believe I am pregnant from the withdrawal method. He always pulls out before he ejaculates, so I guess it's possible for pre-ejaculate to knock you up. Also, does anyone have any reccomendations for a HPT kit? I took a First Response Early Result today, on Day 2 of my missed period, and it came out negative. I thought it detected the smallest amount of hormones. Let me know! Thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search