To the ladies who haven't had their babies yet...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls! I just wanted to check in you gals!!! How are you all feeling?

Also, I was reading a post made by MommyRobyn and Amanda said something in her reply that made me think of something! She said that they won't need to buy anything but the necessities because they got all they need pretty much from their shower! (That's awesome, isn't it!? I love showers!!!)
It made me think about something though....

Those necessities are all things that you need to keep replenishing...diapers, wipes, baby soaps, formula... When I was pregnant, we started buying all those things even before she was born to stock up on it. It was probably the best thing we could have done. The first 1.5 months, we didn't have to buy a SINGLE thing!!!!! It was awesome because we had everything we needed! So I just want to encourage you preggo ladies to start stocking up now!!! It'll be sooo worth it, trust me!
Here's what we had:

2 or 3 packs of newborn diapers.
2 or 3 packs of size one diapers.
6 newborn (or 0-3months) size sleepers.
10 newborn/ 0-3months size onesies.
4 cans of Formula
1 case of wipes.
Baby Shampoo. (J&J)
Baby body soap. (J&J)
Baby body lotion (J&J)
Baby powder (J&J)
Baby oil (J&J)
2 x 250g container of butt cream (we're still on the FIRST one!!!!) + 1 travel sized butt cream
4 x 4oz. bottle liners (with a whole bunch of bottles)
10 slow flow nipples to go with bottles (trust me, you'll need a good supply of nipples if you're bottle feeding)
12 receiving blankets (***NOTE: This was NOT enough!!! we had to go out and buy 12 more and my cousin made us about 12 more, and we STILL sometimes run out!!!! lol but I'm lazy with the laundry)

So this is my short list of the stuff you should stock up on BEFORE baby is born.
Just thought I'd share and offer my advice now that I can see exactly how much it helped us in the end. We stocked up for months before. You can start at anytime, but TRUST ME it's a heck of a lot easier to go shopping for these things now than it will be after you have your little baby!

I hope to hear back from you pregnant ladies with some updates!!!!!
Brig
September 17th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Thanks for the list! I actually need to go buy some nipples (and more bottles) sometime this week. We also have stocked up on a lot of things (diapers, soaps, etc.) so that way we wouldn't have to worry so much at the beginning. Thanks for the list!!
Amanda
September 17th, 2006, 10:20 PM
JenniferLaMa's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JenniferLaMa
haha I wish I had that advice a month ago!

It's amazing how fast babies go through things!

Ive had to buy 2 packs of diapers since Owen has been born and I had even already had a pack before that. He's only a week and 3 days old!

Laundry detergent is another thing! I didnt even think of that but he wets or spits or poops through 2-3 outfits a day! I buy a special baby brand now but I didnt have any of the regular kind on hand when I needed it..

Im almost out of wipes again. And the 2 cases of formula we thought would last ..is on it's last bottle!

I just laugh at my little buddy and tell him he's more high matinence than Paris Hilton.

GREAT ADVICE!!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Snowball fight '06- I've been hit!: betsyw-1, skittles4you-1, lovemyfamily-1, Nicolee-1, coley125-1, ecstaticmommy-1, armywife03-1, mama-honey-1</span>
September 18th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey IowaJenny! Are you guys buying the premade formula?? We bought one case of that, and actually did all the calculations...(it took us almost a month for us to calculate the "statistics!!!")
As it turns out the powder formula is the best bang for your buck (just in case you're interested).

We buy Good Start...Here's what we concluded:

1 730g container of powder formula (omega 3 and 6) Nesley Good Start: $27.53 (makes 173 oz)
1 case of premade formula (12 x 385ml) Nesley Good Start: $41.76 (makes 154 oz)

So:
For the powder you're paying just under $0.16 per ounce
For the premixed you're paying $0.27 per ounce

This goes the same for all the other brands we looked at too. We didn't know this until we kept close track as to how many ounces the powder made.

Just thought I'd share!
September 18th, 2006, 03:40 PM
irishxrose
That's an awesome list Brig!
September 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM
asianmama
still pregnant here. 2 more months! things are chaotic here- ashlyn has been gone for almost two months now. i probably wont get her back until alex is born. stirling and me have stop fighting for now. i dont know if we are gonna stay together or file for divorce. i have been on antidepressents and consuling for almost 2 months. alex is growing right on schedule. i havent gained a ton of weight but i am starting to. my baby shower was alright i got a lot of onsies and sleepers and blankets. now we just need to invest in disposable stuff. i got a pack of new born diapers and wipes but thats it.
September 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hehehe!!! Heather, you're nuts! I love it!
September 19th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i don't doubt that one bit...as i sit here typing one-handed!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search