What was your first reaction?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
So I was filling out what I can in our daughter's baby book and there's a page that asks what mine and DF's first reaction was to finding out that we were expecting. Well of course our initial reaction was that we were scared, felt very unprepared, thought basically that our lives were over. Of course I didn't put those words in the book, and we are very happy and excited about our daughter now, but I was just wondering what everyone's first reaction was to finding out about their pregnancy and their reaction now.
Amanda
September 19th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was very happy....that was my first reaction...when I saw the two lines on the test, I started jumping for joy, and I was laughing and bouncing all over the place!
It wasn't until I got to my b/f's place and waited there for him to get home that I got scared and unsure. After I told him, I felt better but I was still scared. It took me about a month to really let the idea sink in, but the whole time I was pretty extatic about the baby that was about to come...
One small confession though...I was really worried about being a mom and having a baby until I found out my little beaner was a girl! Once I knew what territory I was entering (and that it was the territory I wanted) I felt REALLY good! I was like: Bring it on!!!!
But before when I thought I might have a boy, I was really scared and wasn't sure if having a baby was the best idea! lol I'm such a girlie girl!!!!
September 19th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I think I was the opposite of you, Brig lol. We really wanted a boy (don't get me wrong, I'm VERY excited about having a daughter) but I just thought that I wouldn't be able to handle a girl considering I know the way I was as a teenager lol. Also I am totally not a girlie girl (well I'm more in the middle lol) so I thought that having all this pink would drive me insane, but everytime I see little Miranda's clothes I get all giddy lol. I like the show "Gilmore Girls" and I was telling DF that I wanted to have a relationship like Lorelei and Rory have lol.
Amanda
September 20th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was shocked but mostly scared to tell his dad...honeslt in the baby book i left out the part where it says what was our first reaction for his daddy but i put happy and things like that for me cause i was..hes my life and i no that he comes second to his dad (his stupid daughter comes first) but its okay cause in the long run he looses not me or dylan...

September 20th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
but its okay cause in the long run he looses not me or dylan...[/b]
How true that is! I'm so glad that you are thinking that way because it is his loss and not your's or Dylan's. So how is everything going with him?
Amanda
September 20th, 2006, 09:51 AM
things are okay here...he comes over to see dylan...he says hes finally starting to get a little close (finally after 3 months!!!!) but its okay i guess...he told me not that long ago that his daughter comes first and always will my reply"my son comes first before anyone else" i hate him..

September 20th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He makes me so mad!! I can't believe that he still says his daughter comes first! What is the deal with men these days?
Amanda
September 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was really indifferent when I found out I was pregnant. I had already suspected I was for about one month, so wasn't surprised when I saw it be positive. By the time I went to the doctors and had it confirmed, it had settled with me, so there never really was an "oh yay!" or "oh no!" moment for me.

My boyfriend's reaction was "I'm actually speechless... I need a cigarette".

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

September 20th, 2006, 11:49 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was terrified. I never really wanted kids so when I saw the two lines I actually fell (well slid along the wall down) to the floor and bawled. I didn't know how I was going to tell the father either considering we had only known each other 6 weeks.

But now that I have him I wouldn't change a thing and don't regret it.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

September 21st, 2006, 05:55 AM
Quote:
He makes me so mad!! I can't believe that he still says his daughter comes first! What is the deal with men these days?
Amanda[/b]

i could never figure guys out im not wheres close to figuring him out! i accepted the fact that his daughter comes first but i made sure he realizes dylan comes first to me!

September 21st, 2006, 09:41 AM
irishxrose
I was shocked... and terrified. I had a suspicion that I was but I had been in denial. Then when I saw those two lines come up, I was so surprised.
September 26th, 2006, 07:41 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figured I was for awhile before I was able to test..leading up to that I was terrified. As soon as I saw the two lines it's like I became really calm and acceptant, and then the next day I was super excited!
September 26th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly? I was shocked, terrified, and devestated. I freaked out. And it just got worse after I told Chris...I just wanted to turn back time and make it so it never happened. I would never tell her any of this of course.....
While we are on the subject, I hate baby books. They need to make one specifically for single mom's because every one I find has all these things about the father to fill out...I guess I sound really bitter, I'm not, it's just frustrating.
September 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mainly just shock. I was so sure I wasn't pregnant! And I think I was pretty much equal parts scared and happy. But mostly shock. I didn't really believe it until my u/s at 10 weeks, despite two positive tests, doctor visit, nausea, etc.

September 27th, 2006, 01:36 AM
lilbluedolphin's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lilbluedolphin Send a message via Yahoo to lilbluedolphin
I kinda already knew, but was in denial. My period was late so I made a doctors appt and asked for a blood pregnancy test. She told me she didnt think I was since they had just taken me off the pill the month before due to my migraines. I was driving down the freeway after taking my best friend to work when I called the doctors office for the results. I was so surprised that I was that I almost crashed my car. If fact I was so shocked I called the after hours line that night just to make sure I had heard my results right. I knew I was going to keep him from that moment.

Quote:
Honestly? I was shocked, terrified, and devestated. I freaked out. And it just got worse after I told Chris...I just wanted to turn back time and make it so it never happened. I would never tell her any of this of course.....
While we are on the subject, I hate baby books. They need to make one specifically for single mom's because every one I find has all these things about the father to fill out...I guess I sound really bitter, I'm not, it's just frustrating.[/b]
Ditto!!!!!!!!!! I finally decided to just scrapbook everything and copy whats in my baby book as far as the information goes.
<div align="center"><div align="center"></div><div align="center">~~Thank you Samuelsmommy for my adorable siggy~~</div><div align="center">~~Thank you Ragmama for my new blinkies~~</div></span></span></span></span><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
October 2nd, 2006, 12:20 AM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
I was terrified and so i cried.. lol

Quote:
So I was filling out what I can in our daughter's baby book and there's a page that asks what mine and DF's first reaction was to finding out that we were expecting. Well of course our initial reaction was that we were scared, felt very unprepared, thought basically that our lives were over. Of course I didn't put those words in the book, and we are very happy and excited about our daughter now, but I was just wondering what everyone's first reaction was to finding out about their pregnancy and their reaction now.
Amanda[/b]

October 3rd, 2006, 03:09 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so excited, cause I was very close to believeing that I could not conceive because we had not been trying but not preventing either, only to get preggers almost a year later . But when it came to telling the father I was downright scared. It took me two separate occassions to tell him I was that scared, and the words would just stick to the roof of my mouth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search