What do y'all think...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
About people who say that there is no such thing as an "unplanned" pregnancy. On the debate boards I've seen a few people state that there is no such thing as an unplanned pregnancy because we all know that sex = babies. Well, I personally feel that if you are not TTC, are preventing a pregnancy (i.e. birth control, charting, etc.), or using condoms and you get pregnant then you had an unplanned pregnancy. As most of you know I got pregnant while switching from Depo shots to the pill. My DF and I didn't use condoms however we were definitely trying to prevent getting pregnant. How do all of you feel about this?
Amanda
September 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
About people who say that there is no such thing as an "unplanned" pregnancy. On the debate boards I've seen a few people state that there is no such thing as an unplanned pregnancy because we all know that sex = babies. Well, I personally feel that if you are not TTC, are preventing a pregnancy (i.e. birth control, charting, etc.), or using condoms and you get pregnant then you had an unplanned pregnancy. As most of you know I got pregnant while switching from Depo shots to the pill. My DF and I didn't use condoms however we were definitely trying to prevent getting pregnant. How do all of you feel about this?
Amanda[/b]

I'm with the sex = babies camp. No method is 100% except abstinence, so if it's REALLY not a good time for a pregnancy, it's REALLY not a good time to be having sex (which is why I wasn't sexually active until I was ready to accept the possibility of a pregnancy).
September 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
JenniferLaMa's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JenniferLaMa
I was always aware pregnancy was a possibility while being sexually active. Though I wasnt planning on getting pregnant hence it being "unplanned" I was also taking measures to prevent getting pregnant. What I think Im saying is..Sex can also lead to STD's even if it's safe sex. So if you get an STD is it a "planned STD" ?

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Snowball fight '06- I've been hit!: betsyw-1, skittles4you-1, lovemyfamily-1, Nicolee-1, coley125-1, ecstaticmommy-1, armywife03-1, mama-honey-1</span>
September 22nd, 2006, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I totally agree with you girl! If you are trying to prevent a pregnancy or STD they are "unplanned" even if you know the consequences.
Amanda
September 22nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, if I may add my two cents...lol

I couldn't really say it better myself, about the whole "planned STD" thing...It's true! I mean, if you just so happen to get an STD, but were trying to prevent it using condoms and other methods, would someone really try to convince you that it must have been planned, considering you knew the possibilities? I don't think that would be right. But that's just my personal opinion.
They make contraceptive methods so that ppl can still be intimate while doing their best to prevent pregnancy. They always give the stats on the effectiveness. And while we are aware of the risks, we still want to be able to express ourselves sexually with our partners. If a pregnancy occurs when we didn't intend on it occuring, it is thus, per the definition in the dictionary it is in fact unplanned....lol I'm very technical!
I actually typed "define unplanned" into google and it came up with this EXACT thing (I copied and pasted):

1. Not planned or scheduled.

Example: made an unplanned stopover in Paris
2. Said of a pregnancy: accidental, either because of a lack of contraceptive or because a contraceptive method has failed.[u]

So there you have it folks, the web dictionary does recognize pregnancy as being possibly unplanned! lol
September 22nd, 2006, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry..yes, sex=babies...but if you're doing everything to prevent a pregnancy...then it is unPLANNED. You weren't trying, it wasn't in the cards to have a baby at that time. I have three children...two were unPLANNED. In all three it was a miracle for me to even GET pregnant. For my last one I was using three BC methods, I only have one ovary, and DH is on antidepressants so even getting it up, much less competing the task is a miracle in itself! So don't tell me I planned for my baby just because I had sex. For me...having sex is a MIRACLE...

Now I've had my tubes tied...if I get pregnant again because I had sex...would you say it was PLANNED? Um...yeah...bite me.

But that's just my take on it

*giggle*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search