What are you going to do after baby is born?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What are you planning to do after baby is born/what are you doing?
Back to work after maternity leave. 11 50.00%
Stay at home mom. 9 40.91%
Work at home mom. 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 09:41 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I plan to be a work at home mommy! I haven't had a job since December anyway so I definitely don't want to work outside of the house. I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with my new child but I also know that we will be tight for cash. Soooooo, I have decided on an exciting personal business where I will be in total control yet have company support. Not trying to sound like an advertisement! I just like the idea that I will be able to breastfeed my baby while working at the computer I'm at most of the time anyway.

What plans do you have (or are you carrying out) as far as jobs/business after the baby is born? I know that the return to work won't be immediately after the birth, but you know what I mean... right?

Also, if you are deciding to go back to work, do you have plans for childcare? If so, what are they?

I'm nosey!

Jenny

</MARQUEE>
September 22nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Unfortunately I'll be going back to work after our daughter is born. I don't mind the working part of it a bit, I just HATE the fact that someone else is going to have to watch my daughter all day while she is so young. Even cutting back on all of our expenses we can't afford for me to stay at home so I don't have much of a choice. I'm going to start looking for a job about 6 weeks after she's born. We're able to qualify for discounted daycare so I won't have to have my whole paycheck pay for just daycare. I'm going to start looking into daycares a little after she's born.
Amanda
September 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
If you have a YWCA in your area, they offer day car based on a sliding scale fee... so it goes by your income. I was going to a moms r us class at the YWCA and its all nice women. If they have one in your area, you should check it out. Worth a shot!

</MARQUEE>
September 23rd, 2006, 01:15 AM
Anybody? I"m very interested! Please tell me!?!?!

</MARQUEE>
September 23rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
irishxrose
I put SAHM, because that's what I was for Joshua's first three months. Now I'm back at school, but I am not working... so I'm a student mommy.
September 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Funny you should ask! As it turns out, this week I've made a very big decision! I'm going to be a work-at-home mom!
I've recently decided to open up a daycare in my home this upcoming May. I'm so excited! I've got my business model/daycare outline all writen up, and Mitch is going to be making me a website so that the parents can login online and view the weeks curriculum and activities as well as other things...One thing in particular that website will have is a journal of how their child is doing and the sort of things their kid did at the daycare that week and how well they are working with others (sort of like a weekly evaluation, minus the grading and all that part). Just so that they know exactly what their kid is up to while they're gone to work.
I used to work as a camp counsellor back in the day and it was an arts and crafts camp...so this daycare will focus a lot on arts, crafts, music and languages (because I'm fluent in both french and english and I speak a bit of spanish). This is gonna allow me to work, earn money (and good money at that!) and stay at home with my precious baby all the while giving her an opportunity to play with others and give her the "daycare" feel...It's just that mommy will be there too!
i'm really excited about this new venture and I'm really confident about it's success!

Have any of you thought of opening a home day care? Honestly, it's a good solution for those of you who want to stay home, and don't mind being around kids all day!
September 24th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boyfriend doesn't want me to work. I think that taking care of the baby, two dogs, the house and all of the bills, etc is a job enough for me! He tours with bands (he's the merch boy) so the last thing I want to do is work all day, then come home and work all night.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

September 24th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Wisey
I am back at work. I love my job, I work with animals. I love Sophia to, but we need the money since we are living with my In-laws. I only want to live here for another year at the most. So my DH and I worked it out that He stays home while I am at work. He works some nights but works 10 hour days on Sat, Sun, and Mon. I am off on Sun and Mon and everyother Sat. On the Sats we are both working Sophia stays with My mom. Chris and I don't get to much alone time but we make the most of the time we have.
September 25th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Quote:
I think that taking care of the baby, two dogs, the house and all of the bills, etc is a job enough for me![/b]
That is soon to be my life (minus the dogs lol). I will have to work full time then come home and do all of the housework and take care of our daughter. My DF and I have agreed that he's in charge of most of the "nightly" activities with our daughter (bath time, etc.). I'm not so worried about the workload of everything as I am not getting to see my daughter as much as I want lol.
Amanda
September 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to be a SAHM for the first 3 months or so...hopefully more if I can afford it (I've been saving like mad) Then I will have to return to work I really don't want to! I wish I could be a SAHM until she is school aged but that's obviously not going to happen....I'll be bartending though, so I'll be working nights so I can spend all day with my girl
BigPotBelly please give me some more info on the daycare thing if you can that sounds awesome! I really want to do something like that but do you need a degree or certification?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search