This baby thing.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 10:30 PM
JenniferLaMa's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JenniferLaMa
I can honestly admit that when I would see a frazzled mom at the grocery store or hear people talk about how hard taking care of a new baby is ..I would kind of roll my eyes. I mean all newborns do is sleep right?

Boy do I feel naive about that.

I mean Im grateful when my mom gets home from work so I can just take a shower or get something to eat. Owen seriously demands my attention 24/7, dont ask me what I was thinking when I thought this wouldnt be that hard! I love him. I love him so much, but what a handful! It's a two hour trip to the grocery store even though Im happy to get out of the house! I never brush my hair when I can just put it in a ponytail. Haha and Im scared to look at my eyebrows! Thankfully Tyler will be in town this weekend and he's going to take him for the night. I think I will get a hair cut and a manicure!

I am so appriective of all you moms out there, Ive never been more proud to be a woman.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Snowball fight '06- I've been hit!: betsyw-1, skittles4you-1, lovemyfamily-1, Nicolee-1, coley125-1, ecstaticmommy-1, armywife03-1, mama-honey-1</span>
September 22nd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup it really is the equivalent of 2 full time jobs! And my b/f has the nerve to tell me he needs time to himself because he has a real job! Pffft to that! I'm with Fiona nearly 24/7 and even though Mitch is here to help when he's off, I still feed/change/hold/play with/cater to her!!! lol
But luckily, Saturday night, my pregnant cousin and I have plans to have a girl's weekend! So I get to actually have a sleepover, a real, like-we-use-to-when-we-were-kids sleepover!!! WITHOUT FIONA!!! Oh lordy, I can hardly wait!
don't get me wrong! I love my little girl to death, but I need a break too! And I'm anxious to see how Mr.Mitch will handle the baby all by his lonesome overnight!!! (shouldn't be hard, she's been sleeping through the night since 3 weeks old!!) but still! I'm sure he'll do just fine!
I hope you have a good night when Tyler has him overnight.
Brigitte
September 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
irishxrose
Girl, I TOTALLY know what you mean! I couldn't believe how much time a baby really took. I was so naive...

It does get better though. I actually have time to take showers now, and actually eat food!
September 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto! My DH gets so upset when I do NOTHING all day around the house as far as cleaning goes...but it's perfectly okay for him to do nothing in the HUGE 4 hours he has to watch them that they sleep for over 50% of when I'm at work!! Seriously, it's hard work!!!
September 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
You guys are scaring me! Stop! ahhh! jk... I had an idea that it wasn't going to be easy... I guess I have to wait and find out.

</MARQUEE>
September 22nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get all cranky any time I look in the mirror and see the way I look. I'm happy I get a shower in everyday! Even then part way through I'll hear my bf yell "Your daughter wants your nipples!!! She's hungary again!" I so want to yell back "You feed her!" but seeing that he can't produce milk would make that kind of difficult.... (she's not using bottles yet)

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

September 25th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Oh I'm about to experience the sleepless nights, barely time to eat, haven't showered in days experience lol. I'm really excited for her to be here and I keep thinking everytime I shower and stuff that I need to start enjoying it because I won't be able to after she's born lol. Randy works from 9 am to about 8:30 or 9 pm every day so I'm going to have my hands full all day. I'm really nervous about everything!!
Amanda
September 25th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh...I'm so nervous now! I am going to be all on my own I don't know how to handle it I guess it's like anything else, one day at a time...
Seriously, is it really that hard?
September 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no, honestly, i don't find it that hard. But Fiona's a really good baby so we really lucked out. Not too many parents are blessed with a baby that sleeps the night at three weeks old. I get quite a bit of sleep. Usually, I'm in bed by 11ish and I usually dont wake up until 8 sometimes 8:30! Or better yet, when mitch is off, I sleep until 10:30 because he gets up with her! I love it! Being a mom is a lot easier than I thought it would be. There are some moments that I get stressed and find it hard, like right now, when she's crying for her bottle and nothing but her bottle will soothe her...and here I am tapping my foot at the stove waiting for the darn thing to warm up!!!! lol
September 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
HAHA! I know you feel frazzled now but wait till you have a TODDLER!!! You will feel great if you get a shower twice a week and eat a real, home cooked meal once a week. Gemma is busy clinging to my leg right now. I'm not allowed to not pay attention to her and naps are a thing of the past! If I want a shower or to do dishes or laundry or just watch TV I have to do it in the hours after I put her to bed meaning I'm up until all hours of the night/morning getting things done. Then I work full time on top of all that. I know how hard it is and I'm not trying to scare you, especially the single mommies like me. It's hard but absolutely wonderful and worth every moment of stinky, oily hair and unshaven legs. Being a single mother has without question been the most motivating thing I have ever done. Just enjoy it while they're young because you will WISH for those sleepless nights and bottles and being able to pick up your child without straining your back! LOL. GL girls!!!!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
September 25th, 2006, 07:05 PM
JenniferLaMa's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to JenniferLaMa
No matter what I think we can all agree that it's totally worth it!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Snowball fight '06- I've been hit!: betsyw-1, skittles4you-1, lovemyfamily-1, Nicolee-1, coley125-1, ecstaticmommy-1, armywife03-1, mama-honey-1</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search