Why do I still feel nervous

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Super Mommy
So, everyone who comes on this board probably knows that I had a prenatal paternity test done and the story behind it...

So, the other guy who did not get tested decided he wanted to and he did. Then he refused to pay to find out the answer (which I already know because it was only between the two and the first guy was ruled out at 0%). I know he doesn't want to pay to find out now cause then he will not be able to question it and will have to take some responsibility.

So, I paid it. A large chunk of change. I'm just sick of him and his family doubting me. I know for a fact that it's his. He says "well what if they made a mistake with the first guy" ok, maybe that is possible in like 1 out of a million, but these are court admissable so what are the chances.

So, why is it that I'm nervous to get the results back? I didn't sleep with anyone else, it has to come back as his, but yet I still feel all butterflies inside and nervous like it could say no.

Do you think it's normal to feel this way even though there are no other possibilities?
September 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree. It's totally normal. Even though there was only one possibility for a father with my son if he'd tried to fight his paternal rights I still would have been nervous. Until you get the black and white proof in your hands, it's natural. Good luck, and I hope you get those results soon!
September 22nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I agree its normal. I just can't get over how these guys are man enough to lay down with you in bed but they aren't man enough to take responsibility for their actions.
Your story would definitely teach a person not to sleep with anyone that you wouldn't want to father your child. No offense to you or anything.

</MARQUEE>
September 25th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
I got the results back and of course they say it's his. I just feel so much better now that I have it in writing and him and his family can no longer doubt me.

thanks for listening.
September 25th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Sorry I'm replying a little late. I'm glad that you got the results back! Such a relief I'm sure! I hope now that he knows for sure he's the father that he'll take responsibility and stop ducking around with "what if's"!
Amanda
September 25th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good thing it came back positive! Now your mind can be at ease. Have you shown him the results? If so what does he have to say for himself? Will he in anyway take responsibility now that the tests came back? Or will he make you make the courts make him? (tongue twister!)
What a poop head! I hate guys like that!
September 25th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
He was away and just got back so I dropped the papers off at his house today.

Suddenly he has a change of heart and wants to be involved blah blah blah

Yea, we'll see LOL
September 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
collegegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
He says "well what if they made a mistake with the first guy" ok, maybe that is possible in like 1 out of a million, but these are court admissable so what are the chances.[/b]
You're absolutely right! I would have looked at him and said "DNA doesn't lie" ....and just to be honest, I'd probably have a few "choice words" thrown into it too. lol

It's good that he wants to be involved now, or at least thinks he does. He sounds like a loser, so don't count on him too much, I wouldn't want you to set yourself up to be let down. I'd probably tell him if he wants to be involved he could start helping out with the expenses you have now, it's only fair and it would be a good way to "test the water" on his involvement.
__
September 25th, 2006, 06:31 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Well I felt the same way you did. I only had one possibility but him and his fam doubted my claims of his paternity anyway. I felt like I had something to prove. I got the DNA test and then filed for child support. Now he just never comes around unless it suits him. I wish I had never done all that because if I hadn't my future husband could have signed the paternity papers and been a real dad to my daughter in life AND ON PAPER. I just want to warn you not to hold out too much hope that this guy will stick around or even really help out at all. Don't do anything because you 'have something to prove' or 'want to make him take responsibility'. It will never work. Do whats best for you and your child in the end. GL and congratulations on your baby!!!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search