Upcoming holidays...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Before I start this post I just want to say that I'm not imposing any of my beliefs on anyone so please do not take it that way. I know for several of us this will be our babies first year of holidays. I was sitting here thinking about my Christmas list for everyone in our family and I was wondering what do you get a baby for their first Christmas (or other holiday that you celebrate)? I know that it won't be something that she really remembers so I'm trying to decide what exactly we could get her? Anyone who has kids or who will also be celebrating first holidays have any ideas?
Amanda
September 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
My first son was only 4 months old at his first Christmas. He got some infant toys, like the infant gyms that they can lay down and bat at, clothes, and other small infant toys, like one of those things you put the rings on that makes music, a musical teddy bear etc.

You can also use this X-mas to get things that baby will grow into over the next few months, both toys and clothes that are a little too old for him/her yet.
September 25th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking this exact same thing, Amanda! I still have no clue what to get Fiona! Well, that's not true...one thing I know I'm getting her for sure and I have to ship it into Canada from Australia!! lol It's a superman onesie with velcro detachable cape! I tried so hard to find it here in Canada and US, but nothing!!!! So basically this onesie is gonna cost me nearly $40!!! But well worth it! I'll order it in size 12months or 18 months so that she'll have it for a while! I'm super excited about it.
Other than that, we're gonna ask the family for a highchair. Mitch and I were maybe thinking of getting her a piece of jewelry to wear when she's older...something inexpensive but really special...I want her to have that one thing that she cherishes forever because it's her very first xmas present she ever received from her mom and dad! I'm thinking a chain with a small pendant carrying her birthstone, or some earrings...not too sure yet! And then we're gonna buy her her very first xmas dress to wear to our xmas dinner wherever that'll be (maybe in montreal...please pray that mitch doesnt' get the time off work so we don't have to spend xmas there!!!). Honestly, I'm gonna let the family buy her the toys and stuff. She's soooo young that I could seriously give her a fricken wrapper and she'd be just as happy as she would if she was holding a rattle!!! lol
September 26th, 2006, 09:27 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby will only be about 3 months old, so I'll probably get a couple toys and some clothes. Lots of batteries for the swing I know my parents are going to get her/him a bigger car seat so that when s/he grows out of the infant one, we have that. I haven't thought a whole lot about it yet...I've been more focused on getting her/him here first
September 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
irishxrose
I have no idea what I'm going to get Joshua. I think he'll be about 8 months at Christmas... Jeez, I need to start shopping!
September 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Wisey
I am done shopping for sophia 4 christmas. She got some clothes in bigger sizes and toys she can use and grow into.
September 27th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mattea is due right after Christmas...But I have already told everyone that I don't want any presents for me this year, just stuff for her or $$$
September 29th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
Hi Amanda!! Just poppin' in from the October DDC (we are getting very close btw..) Hubby and I are getting the baby some Baby Leapfrog stuff and some clothes! (I'm also getting her ears pierced for Christmas )

Just some ideas for ya.. (try not to spoil lil' Miranda too much eh?)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 30th, 2006, 06:23 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Clothes up to 2T or 3T sizes are great! Then you don't have to worry about it. Ask people to think about what season it will be when the baby will be in each size so your not stuck with summer 2T clothes and your baby is 2 in December. LOL. Gemma is 18 months and I'm just starting to buy clothes for her again. She's also almost a 3T now tho. Other than that ask for gift cards (great for emergency formula or diaper shopping) and diapers and wipes. Ask for diapers in sizes 2 and 3 (the BIG boxes) and you won't run out for a loooonnnggg time. I think I didn't buy Gemma diapers till she was 9 months or something. Bottles, sippy cups, and toddler plates and silverware are great too. Shoes in the next couple sizes are good ideas. I found Gemma loves music so we put a record (yes RECORD) player in her room and I buy her records from the Goodwill to listen to. GL and congrats!!!!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search