Speaking of the holidays...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Well I posted this in the Arts and Crafts board and didn't get much response so I thought maybe you ladies could help me out. We're going to be VERY strapped for cash this year around Christmas and between my family and DF's family we have a lot of presents to come up with. I was wondering if any of you had any creative, tasteful ideas for homemade or inexpensive gifts for Christmas. Thanks!!
Amanda
September 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This isn't creative or anything, but I thought if we're really strapped for cash we could just get a family picture and give that to our families.
September 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HA!!! I'm so glad you asked! I am in the EXACT same boat here! So here are some ideas I've decided:

1- Hand mold statue: mix water with molding powder (don't know exact ratio yet) in a container. Stick your hand in the mold paste and let sit for about a minute or two, gently take your hand out (should now feel almost like gelatin...it'll keep your hand shape. Then pour in mixed concrete and let sit for a few hours until dry...gently remove the mold. with sand paper, smoothe any rough surfaces and let sit for about 2-3 days. Spraypaint or paint or leave as is. This project shouldn't really cost you more than about $25...What you can do is even stick both hands in the mold and now you have two statues. Really nice for a parent or someone close to you.

2- Go buy a cheap vase or pot...buy some cheap ceramic tile (only a couple square feet) and break the tile in small pieces. Then do a tile mosaic on the vase or pot. You'll need mortar and grout.

3- Go find a really nice puzzle. Put puzzle together on a large carboard. Once complete, spread Podge (a type of glue that dries clear) on the puzzle with a paintbrush and let sit until dry. Frame puzzle...I found some really cheap ones at walmart. And just get a small puzzle...doesn't have to be huge.

Hmmmm...that's all I can think of for now...I'll post if I think of anything else.
Brig
September 26th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I really like that puzzle idea!! I'm going to have to start writing these down lol. I was thinking for some of our family members that we aren't quite as close to that we're going to give them a family photo (of Randy, me, and Miranda) because we're getting pictures made around Christmas. I've been looking online but a lot of the stuff I find are like specifically for Christmas (like homemade ornaments, etc.). Thanks for your suggestions!!
Amanda
September 28th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to an arts and crafts store and they had frames at 50% off so I grabbed a bunch of them. Then I'm going to have Briana's picture taken for Christmas and frame it.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search