AHHH I hate Tricare

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I have been fighting with Tricare forever. First it was about them covering an ultrasound that they approved for JJ and now its about them approving an ultrasound to see whats going on in there. I wish I was at a military hospital at least cause then they could give me an ultrasound but no because I go to a civilian DR. (not even my choice cause the military dr.'s here dont deal with pregnancies) I cant get one. And I have tried calling any military hopsital here in CO and they wont give me an ultrasound because my hubby isnt stationed there hes here! So now it looks like we are going to have to pay for one at fetalfotos. I HATE TRICARE!!! Sorry I just really needed to vent, hope you ladies dont mind.

Oh and just a little more about my situation cause I'm not sure I have posted it yet or not. I went to the dr.'s for a 13 week appt. and she listened to the heartbeat and then said that it was strange because the baby was higher up in my stomach than it should be at 13 weeks so when she felt to see where the top of my uterus was she said that it seemed like I was more like 16 weeks preggo. But there could be other reasons such as twins, or excessive amniotic fluid or another sac with out a baby. But I dont know and I cant find out unless I pay for the ultrasound.

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Jonathan Joseph is</font>
</center>

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">IT'S A BOY!</font>
</p></center>
May 13th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
how stressful. i hope that everything works out for you. i am calling to see if my medical will cover the lad fee i have to pay for a 3d u/d i'm going to have done. it covers the other type but i have to pay up front $100 for this one. i jsut want to see if i'll get my money back.
May 17th, 2005, 08:06 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I hear ya! Tricare's such a pain. I don't live at the moment anywhere near a base (DH is in training at Knox and I'm stuck in NJ until he's done) and they were giving me the HARDEST time trying to make an appointment on base, b/c it wasn't our duty station (we're PCSing to Fort Ord in 2 weeks)!

Goodluck with figuring out the u/s!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search