I'm new, young, and just found out...lol

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Well, I just found out I am pregnant. It was unplanned. I was using a contraceptive...guess it failed. My bf doesnt know yet, he is in the National Guards and is gone for the weekend. He wont be home until sunday. I will tell him then. I am sooo nervous to tell him. He isnt going to up and leave me, but its going/is scary for both of us. First time parents, not married. We are both ready for children (I would have liked it to be later) but our relationship isnt. We havent been together that long. Does anyone have any advice, in the same situation, or anything to say? I'd love to hear it!

Love to all you mommies, Savannah
May 14th, 2005, 06:43 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and congrats! You'll be fine. I was 20 when I got pregnant. I had only been with my sons father for a month and a half before I found out I was pregnant. I got pregnant one of the first times we slept together. It hasnt been easy but we've made it. We are getting officially married next week even though I already call him my DH. And we love our son with all of our hearts.

May 14th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
first off, congratulations. now, my pregnancy was unplanned as well and i'm almost at the end and i am still scared about becoming a mom. my boyfriend has been so supportive and it sounds like you are going to have a lot of support too. this is my first baby and as much as i'm scared i am so excited. it hasn't been easy since my boyfriend and i were having problems when i found out but we are working through them. telling him was the hardest thing but once it was out there it felt great.
i hope that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
take care
Cindy
May 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks. This is so nerv wracking. I dont know exactly what to feel. I mean, once our families are told, and their anger and shock wears off, and once we make a plan I will feel better. I am excited to have this baby, I have always wanted a baby. But now that its a reality...it scares the hell out of me. Im terrified to tell him. I dont want to lose him, and I know this will be very hard for both of us. I dont want to be a single mom. We have never fought, so I hope it doesnt start. I just dont know how to tell him! Hand him the tests and start crying????? Thats probably how it will go.lol. Well, thanks ladies.

Much love to you, Savannah
May 16th, 2005, 08:26 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Even if you're scared, you will be fine! As far as the father goes, if he finds out and he does something drastic don't freak out. First of all, he's just as scared as you are! So, give him some time to get over the initial shock, and he should come around. I am 19, so I know what it's like to feel like you're too young and scared to death that you're not ready, ect ect ect. But, I have a gut feeling that things have a way of working out, and they will hun! Good luck!
May 16th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I agree, things have a way of working themselves out. My husband wasn't too happy when we found out I was preggo. But as the pregnancy progressed and he got to hear the heartbeat and see the ultrasound thats really when he started getting excited. He was scared (as was I) and he really needed some time to get used to the idea.

Good Luck!!! Let us know how he takes it, and if you need anything let us know!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search