Abnormal PapSmear

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctors office just called me this past Thursday to say that my pap came back abnormal and they scheduled me to come in for a "colposcopy" on Tuesday.
Have any of you ever experienced this? What was the result? What could be wrong with me?
I have regular annual GYN appts every year. I have never had an abnormal pap. And I have had 2 healthy pregnancies?
Any insight any of you can give me would be great...at this point I am driving myself crazy worrying
Thanks

September 30th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
First I want to say that it is not uncommon for you to get an abnormal pap. One of the causes could having sex too soon before you go to the doctor. I had my first pap smear when I was 18 and it came back abnormal. They did the biopsy and it came back as cancer in the beginning stage. After I had had my surgery I was having paps done every 3 months then on to every 6 months. Even after my surgery I had one abnormal pap (this past December) and they did another biopsy and it came back as nothing. I definitely wouldn't worry too much yet. The biopsy or colposcopy can be uncomfortable but it isn't painful. Please let us know how it goes!!
Amanda
September 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a colposcopy back in the winter as a result of an abnormal pap smear. After the pap, I took some medication for two weeks, had the colposcopy, only to find out it was just some abnormal cells. Everything cleared up on it's own after that.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

October 2nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
popping in from march ddc. i had an abnormal pap in april. i had a colposcopy done as well. i found out i do have hpv and dysplasia but they said it wouldn't hurt a baby if i got pregnant. we were actively ttc at that point and found out soon after we were expecting. they said it wouldn't harm the baby and they would just check it after i deliver and either remove it or sometimes it can heal itself. so either i will have a procedure to remove it (freezing or a leep procedure) or it will be gone! but it is very common and as long as you keep on top of it you will be fine. xoxo

</div>
October 6th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i went in for the colposcopy this past tuesday...he took 3 samples (biopsy) and they said they would call as soon as the results came in.
i was a little nosey though and looked at my chart after he left and i wish i wouldn't have........he wrote severe erosion
what does that mean???? how eroded could anything be - i was just there like a year ago and had NO problems.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search