how to tell a parent!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2006, 02:36 PM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
well my mom and dad didn't stay together too long after that!!

lol..

Quote:
Congarts on the baby, your dad will come around soon enough..I got pregnant at 16 and when my parents found out my mom was very dissapointed but she got over it and my dad, well it took him a lot longer but he got over it.

Your dad was a young parent and I am sure he and your mom struggled so he is probably upset because he thinks you have a long road ahead of you and it is going to be just as hard for you as it was for your dad and mom but the diffrence between back then and now is they have numbers of resources for pregnant women and women with kids who need help, I am not saying having a baby is simple but it is a bit easier then it was back then.[/b]

October 7th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all you are an adult. You make your own decisions and should have never let anyone pressure you into an abortion. I understand your father wants the best for you. But booking you an appointment at 10 weeks is just plain wrong. Sorry. That was your decision, your responsibilty. You seem like you have a lot of growing up to do. That isnt an insult really but more of a fact. I had a lot of growing up to do when I got pregnant and still do. I hid my pregnancy from my dad until I was about 26 weeks along. I dont know why. Maybe cause when I was 8 weeks pregnant he said dont you get pregnant itll ruin your life. You know why he was mad when i told him? He was mad I felt like i needed to hide it from him. He loves his grandson very much. My whole family loves my son. I am young too. Ill be 21 soon and have a 9 month old son. Its a lot of work and your relationship with your boyfriend will change. No matter how long youhave been together. You both will be going through a lot of stress, especially once the baby is born. You will be emotional and both of you will be tired. Not even tired, zombies from taking care of a newborn. Take some classes, hang out with people who have babies. Prepare as much as possible. And tell your dad. This is how I told my dad. I went by his house and left the u/s picture on the fridge. If you show him the u/s then hopefully he will realise without saying anythign that an abortion is out of the question. He loves you to death and Im sure would do anything for you. He may have had a hard time having you at 18. But I doubt he would change it if he could. And you seem like you have a good support system and your mom will be a lot of help to you. Say goodbye to enjoying the young life though. Most young people dwell on the fact that they cant go out or party or sleep when they want or ever. But one chapter is over and another is begining. Good luck and congrats.

October 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well first of all congratulations on your pregnancy!

That being said, everyone pretty much covered what I was going to say so

And now I can't get the song "Papa don't preach" out of my head!
October 8th, 2006, 12:32 AM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
um obviously you didn't read what I wrote.... i had my first abortion at 18 after my dad booked it OBVIOUSLY I had some growing up to do.. I had just turned 18!!!! It wasn't the right time for me to have a baby! Yeah it was my decision, but he made the decision quicker and it was the better decision to make!!

I hate when people say life ends when a baby comes, why? People can still go on to have a normal life.. Newborns don't stay newborns forever.. I know my relationship will change with my boyfriend I'm not worried about that.. my mom lives 18 hours away from me.. so she won't be much help but yah she is supportive.. but my dad does know and he doesn't want to see any ultrasound pictures and he hasn't talked to me in almost a week... he is mad.. and he won't ever agree with having a baby at 22..

Quote:
First of all you are an adult. You make your own decisions and should have never let anyone pressure you into an abortion. I understand your father wants the best for you. But booking you an appointment at 10 weeks is just plain wrong. Sorry. That was your decision, your responsibilty. You seem like you have a lot of growing up to do. That isnt an insult really but more of a fact. I had a lot of growing up to do when I got pregnant and still do. I hid my pregnancy from my dad until I was about 26 weeks along. I dont know why. Maybe cause when I was 8 weeks pregnant he said dont you get pregnant itll ruin your life. You know why he was mad when i told him? He was mad I felt like i needed to hide it from him. He loves his grandson very much. My whole family loves my son. I am young too. Ill be 21 soon and have a 9 month old son. Its a lot of work and your relationship with your boyfriend will change. No matter how long youhave been together. You both will be going through a lot of stress, especially once the baby is born. You will be emotional and both of you will be tired. Not even tired, zombies from taking care of a newborn. Take some classes, hang out with people who have babies. Prepare as much as possible. And tell your dad. This is how I told my dad. I went by his house and left the u/s picture on the fridge. If you show him the u/s then hopefully he will realise without saying anythign that an abortion is out of the question. He loves you to death and Im sure would do anything for you. He may have had a hard time having you at 18. But I doubt he would change it if he could. And you seem like you have a good support system and your mom will be a lot of help to you. Say goodbye to enjoying the young life though. Most young people dwell on the fact that they cant go out or party or sleep when they want or ever. But one chapter is over and another is begining. Good luck and congrats.[/b]

hopefully the 80's version

Quote:
Well first of all congratulations on your pregnancy!

That being said, everyone pretty much covered what I was going to say so

And now I can't get the song "Papa don't preach" out of my head![/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search