So confused!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Regular
Well hello everyone! I am new to this site and just came here for some advice or to see if any of you have gone through almost the same thing that I am going through at this time. Well here I go... In January my boyfriend at the time and I had had sex. We didn't use a condom but I was on the patch. We didn't think anything about it, and while I was on the patch I usually started my period right on time. Well after we had sex in January I was a few days late on my so-called period... well the truth is it wasn't a normal period. it was really really light, and lasted only 2 days. I ended up going to the ER because I was having alot of abdominal pain and he ran some tests. Well he did a PT and it came back negative and when I look back at it... it was only like 2 weeks after my so-called period. I felt it was early to determine if I was or not. The doctor even said that it might have been way too early to find out. So I ended up getting off of the patch and tried to see if I was going to start my period on time. One month went by and nothing, and then the next month went by and then nothing, and now it is May and I should have had my period 4 days ago and again nothing. Well about 2 months ago I took another test and it came back negative as well. I asked around my family and they all had told me that some times our hormones don't show up as good as alot of other peoples do. So I have been wondering lately what is going on. Well I noticed that I have gained some weight and that I am now 1 cup size bigger. I get sick when I am around food, I get dizzy, I am tired alot, I feel nauseas, I get hot, I have been peeing alot, my breasts feel tender in certain areas, when I lay on my stomach I feel like there is something there, when I sit down and watch tv and rub on my tummy I feel like there is something there. I went to visit my grandma yesterday and she told me that she thinks I am pregnant because I carry my weight a certain way now and that she can tell that I gained some weight since Jan. She felt my stomach and said she felt it was tight. My sister-in-law also said that I am showing signs of pregnancy. My best friend who didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 4 months along, keeps telling me that I very well may be pregnant. I have been hearing from several people that I am, but I don't know because I feel like I would know if I was. The pregnancy tests are questionable and everything else is questionable. I just need someones help because I mean I really do hope that I am pregnant because I feel that is one of my big goals in life is to have a baby. So any advice you can give me... please help! Thanks so much.
May 16th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Regular
Oh and another thing is that I have been very emotional lately.. it's not normal because before I have never cried over silly things and now I do.
May 16th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Regular
and I was also overweight while I was on the patch.. so it wasn't very accurate
May 16th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilmommytobe Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilmommytobe
The only thing I can tell you is that it SOUNDS like you're pregnant, but that doesn't mean that you are. You should go to the doc's and they will give you a PT to find out for sure. Good luck to you, and I hope everything works out for the best!

May 16th, 2005, 08:32 PM
You have every sign of pregnancy, and you know I know this lady who the doctors didnt think she was preg. until she made them do an ultrasound and there the baby was!!! Her tests were all negative, so maybe thats an option for you. Well, whatever happens, good luck!!!! And Welcome to JM!!!

Love To You, Savannah
May 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Regular
Hey thanks so much for all of your advice! I am hoping in a way that I am, because it's something I have always dreamed of. By the way how far along were you before your tummy started tightening up? Thanks again!
May 17th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilmommytobe Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilmommytobe
I was pretty far along before my tummy started tightening up. (I didn't find out I was preggo until I was like 14 weeks along!!) So the only thing I really noticed was the HORRIBLE morning sickness!! Yuck...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search