Weird Pain!! Anyone else??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilmommytobe Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilmommytobe
Sometimes, when I am standing or walking, I get this pain in my lower backside(buttcheeks...sorry TMI)...and it feels like my bone is pulling apart from my body! It hurts so bad, and I can barely walk sometimes...plus I get it on my upper thigh, too! I don't know what its from(I'm thinking its from my body preparing itself for delivery), but I was just wondering if any of you gals gets pain like that?

May 16th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Veteran
Yes! Very deep in my left "cheek" I get a sharp pain with each step. The doc says it doesn't have anything to do with the baby because it's not big enough yet (12 wks). But I've never had this before- my guess is it's growing pains/shifting weight/tendons loosening. I had some pretty bad cramps a couple days but no bleeding- they attributed it to "growing" pains.

May 16th, 2005, 06:52 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My guess Niki is that your hip bones are widening since you are so close to delivery. Isnt pregnancy grand

May 16th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a similar pain i think it is a nerve i dunno the name but my mom does and she says that the pressure from the baby is sitting on it and thats whats causeing my leg and butt pain
May 17th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilmommytobe Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilmommytobe
Thank you so much! It's really nice not to be the only one...and Yes, pregnancy is grand!! LoL...all the little aches and pains...waaa....

May 17th, 2005, 12:38 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I call this pain my "butt cramps!" LOL. I actually asked my doc about it and he said it sounds like sciatic nerve pain (which doesn't get any better the further along you get supposedly). Sometimes it's hard for me to walk when I get the cramps! So, I know what you mean.... I definitely have those pains too! Silly little butt cramps anyhow!
May 17th, 2005, 01:18 PM
nursekris74's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to nursekris74
yes ladys it sounds like sciatic nerve pain to me also.I have not had it myself but I am a doula in illinois and have some cleints that have had it.

Kris
May 17th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Veteran
Since I last posted I remembered that a friend of mine actually had one of her hips dislocate late in her pregnancy. The Dr. said it was an anatomical weakness on her one side. I'm not sure they were able to do anything for her but you may want to talk to your doc about it, if you haven't already.

Take care.

May 17th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Geez, I hope nothing dislocates on me! That would be horrible! What exactly is *sciatic nerve pain*? I have never heard of that!

May 18th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Swamp Lizard's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Swamp Lizard
Hi, popping in from August DDC. The sciatic nerve runs through a notch in that area of your body. It can become compressed and cause a great deal of pain.
May 18th, 2005, 07:50 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by sweetlilmommytobe@May 18 2005, 12:13 AM
Geez, I hope nothing dislocates on me! That would be horrible! What exactly is *sciatic nerve pain*? I have never heard of that!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I totally suck at explaining things, so just go to WebMd.com and look up sciatic nerve pain... that place is great for looking up almost anything medical related. also if you don't get enough info, you could check out google.com and look it up. that's what I usually do. Hope that helps.

Oh, and it's pretty common during pregnancy, by the way!
May 18th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, thank you! I was getting a lil worried there, because I have never heard of that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search