WE ARE BETTER!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Well, DB is much better, I could tell today when I saw him at work. Plus that conversation on the phone last night helped. I am now SOOOOOOO EXCITED! But oh my goodness, I worry to much. Last night I was in bed reading a pregnancy book and all the sudden I got worried what if the umbilical cord gets wrapped around its neck??????!!!!!! I think of this crazy stuff. Is that normal? It scares me to death. Well, anyways, I made my first appt. to see the doctor. June 2nd, and I'll be over 7 weeks...so maybe we could hear the heart beat???? Hope so. Well, just wanted to say HI, and see how the rest of you are doing as well.

Love To You All, Savannah
May 18th, 2005, 08:01 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by savannahjade@May 17 2005, 08:57 PM
Well, DB is much better, I could tell today when I saw him at work. Plus that conversation on the phone last night helped. I am now SOOOOOOO EXCITED! But oh my goodness, I worry to much. Last night I was in bed reading a pregnancy book and all the sudden I got worried what if the umbilical cord gets wrapped around its neck??????!!!!!! I think of this crazy stuff. Is that normal? It scares me to death. Well, anyways, I made my first appt. to see the doctor. June 2nd, and I'll be over 7 weeks...so maybe we could hear the heart beat???? Hope so. Well, just wanted to say HI, and see how the rest of you are doing as well.

Love To You All, Savannah
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I'm not sure how your doc works, but mine couldn't let me hear the heartbeat until closer to 12 weeks. I saw the heart beating on my first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks, but that was because I was having spotting, so that's why I had the ultrasound so early. Anyways, if you don't get to hear it until 12 weeks, don't be disappointed, because you get to hear it at every appt after that! Congrats on making your first appt though! It's exciting, but the first one always sucks cuz they ask you all about your family history and give you paperwork to fill out and stuff like that!

About the umbilical cord being wrapped around the neck! I actually had this happen to me when I was born. It's more common now then it was when I was born. Actually I think the actual statistic on it is something like 3 in 5 babies have it wrapped. Some have it wrapped more than once, or wrapped around their bodies and stuff. It's really not usually that big of a deal, and usually doesn't cause any problems in the long run, so don't worry so much!

I am glad you and your DB are doing better. Things will improve over time! It's also good that you're already reading a pregnancy book. You go girl! If you get the chance in your 2nd trimester, you really should read "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy"! That book was HILARIOUS. But you do have to have a really good sense of humor! So, have fun w/ those books! They are definitely interesting!
May 18th, 2005, 08:02 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Oh, and I'm doing fine too, thanks. Except that I got a phone call from the doc yesterday saying that I am borderline anemic. So I'm nervous about that, but they said it's kinda common during pregnancy and I just have to remember to take iron supplements 2x a day. Yuck! I am no good w/ pills. Anyways, other than that, I'm okay.
May 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Glad youre doing okay. Im sure you'll be okay. I am terrible with pills too. Dont remember to take them alot of the times. Okay, I guess someone told me I'd be able to hear the heart beat so early. How often do you have to go in for appts....as long as nothing goes wrong? Hm, well, anyways. Hope your day is good.
May 18th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Veteran
That's great that he turned his attitude around so quickly. I'm impressed! As for the heartbeat- I saw it at a 7wk ultrasound but was in for a check up at 11 weeks and they couldn't find it with the doppler. They only checked for it if I promised I wouldn't panic if they couldn't find it. They said it is too early but sometimes they get lucky.

Glad you're excited!

May 18th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
They will probably do an internal ultrasound so that you can see the heartbeat, but you won't be able to hear it yet. I didn't hear it until I was almost 12 weeks.
May 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
1proudmom2kalli
savannahjade---- I have actually been having appts once every 6 weeks. Everyone else I know that's due around the same time has started their appts every 2 weeks now, but not me! Usually around 28-30 weeks you have to start going every 2 weeks and then about 35-36 weeks they like to see you once a week. That's what I've heard anyways. But like I said, I have been going every 6 weeks with no complications. Each doc is different though, so just ask your doc when you go in how frequently your appts will need to be set and that kinda thing. I'm sure he will have all the answers you need!
May 19th, 2005, 07:19 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Oh, and when I was 11.5 weeks and first heard the heartbeat, before the doc stuck the doppler on me he told me that if he couldn't find the heartbeat then he would bring in the ultrasound machine. So, you might get to see it before you actually get to hear it. The first time you hear it is so magical!! I will never forget!! My SO thought it was pretty neato too. His eyes were as big as pancakes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search