Need some advice --

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if this belongs here or not, so feel free to move this if needed elsewhere.

Anyways --
I hate taking my pill, I hate it to no end. I'm talking to my doctor on tuesday about getting off as well as some other stuff. I'm constantly, bleeding clots when I have my "period", its TONS and TONS of clots, and its freaking me out and i'm at my whits end with it. So, I said i'd finish this month, since I already spend $33.5 on it , since insurance doesn't cover it, might as well use it, right? Well, all month the only type of "discharge" that comes out all month, is from my "period". Well, this month I keep forgetting to take it. I'll normally remember it in the morning, or take it in the middle of the night. But if my BF didn't remind me, I wouldn't even remember to take it as often as I do. I've taken them all though. Up to this point. And now, it looks like ovulation type discharge [forget what its called], which hasn't happened in the last um however many months i've been taking it [sorry if TMI]. ANyways -- My question is this, have I screewed up with the pill for this month, or is that just normal to sometimes, look like you are and not be? Since, the pill is "supposed" to prevent ovulation when taken correctly. I've never missed or been late <<whateveR>> this many times, this sunday will be week 3

Have I totally screewed up with the pill?

I swear I will never go back on the pill once I get off, I hate it so much!!!

THANKS SO MUCH, IN ADVANCE!!
May 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
Since you didn't take it at the same time everyday, you probably messed it up. It's only affective if you take it at the same time everyday. I hate the pill too, especially once I had a kid, I hated it even more.
May 20th, 2005, 02:11 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I don't trust these stupid birth controls at all. Too many people get pregnant while on them. I was on the pill for a while, but then I had ovarian cysts. I actually had one rupture and I had to have emergency surgery & what-not. AFter that I went on the shot (depo) but I got really fat! (I gained like 50 lbs!) I have not lost all that weight either! I still have some of it! So, then I got on the patch (Ortho-Evra) and have been on that for almost 2 years, and got preggo on it. And I don't know HOW you could mess up the patch. You wear 3 patches for 3 weeks and on the 4th week you take it off and leave it off, then start over. EASY, RIGHT?

All I can say is it's way too easy to mess up birth control. I don't know how they can say it's 99.9% effective.

Anyways, you probably did mess it up, so I'd be careful unless you want a kid. And if you really have a hard time remembering to take the pill, then you better be using some sort of backup method or something. It's way too easy to get preggo these days. I think it's something in the water! Anyways, just be careful!!!!!

Sounds like you did mess it up, but who doesn't mess it up at some point?
May 20th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Sounds like ya messed it up hun! If I were you, I'd use another bc method in the mean time, like condoms or whatever. I hate the bill too and I will never ever take hormonal birth control. I get bad side effects from them....

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 22nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I figured that much! I think there is something in the water, with messing up the pill, and getting PG.

We've been extra careful [not doing anything] for the last couple days, but that doesn't count the last 2 weeks. ::rolls eyes::

Oh well, if I am, it will bumb up our plans to get married, LOL.
May 22nd, 2005, 10:48 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
good luck hun!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@May 22 2005, 10:18 AM
I figured that much!* I think there is something in the water, with messing up the pill, and getting PG.*

We've been extra careful [not doing anything] for the last couple days, but that doesn't count the last 2 weeks.* ::rolls eyes::

Oh well, if I am, it will bumb up our plans to get married, LOL.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Yeah, SO & I had always planned to get married SOMEDAY, MAYBE. But we never had any definite plans. Now that our little one is well on the way, I've finally begged my point enough and we're getting married on June 10th! I cannot wait!! I will be exactly 7 months too, so that's kinda neato. I saw in your siggie you're getting married in 1-2 months and TTC #1 in 2-3 months. When did you guys plan all that? I know you had a pg scare right before your trip to California... How is everything, anyways? lol.
May 23rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will have gradated a year ago on June 10th, LOL!

But we've always been, "someday". And a few weeks ago, we werejust talking, and he's been wanting to get married for awhile, i've jsut been, like no I want to be $$ stable more first, etc etc etc, but we just decided we'd go ahead and get married whenever my dad comes through NC [which is supposed to be the end of this month or the begginning of June]. Then, I caught him, looking at baby stuff, etc adding in "baby costs" to his budget, and I was like, "Are you planning on having a baby anytime soon or something?!?", and he wants to start trying a few months after, get married, but nothing "offical" as far as TTC, just tentative. Gotta start by figuring out my period and get off the pill, etc. And I want to figure out some job drama.

Everything is going good though. California is awsome, I wanna move out there, but thats only happening if we win the lotto or something.

I swear my brain is not working though, well for remember the dang pill. I wrote it on our white board, wrote it on my hand, and I STILL DONT REMEMBER!! I also leave it out, in the open instead of my purse, and IM STILL FORGETING [but take it by the next morning or middle of the night].
May 23rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
1proudmom2kalli
My brain NEVER worked for those stupid pills! Every couple days I would have to catch myself up! I hope you have better luck w/ em than I did!! I got ovarian cysts

But, I'm glad to hear that things are going well. My SO & I have always said "someday" blah blah blah, so I know the feeling. He wanted to wait til we were more $$ stable, and I said no way! We're having a baby, we bought a freaking house, it's the LEAST he can do!! lol. Plus I take care of the stuff at the house, so it's like I'm his wife anyways. He better gimme the title to go along with it.

But, glad to hear everything is going well for you!! Cali is nice. Been there once myself. But SO expensive!!
May 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You sound like us switched placces. We live together, share bills, he cosigned a car for me, etc etc etc. Might as well, get the piece of paper. Along with that, his job a non-profit organization that is strictly against living together before marraige, etc. We might as well get the piece of paper, LOL.
May 24th, 2005, 09:48 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@May 23 2005, 02:31 PM
You sound like us switched placces.* We live together, share bills, he cosigned a car for me, etc etc etc.* Might as well, get the piece of paper.* Along with that, his job a non-profit organization that is strictly against living together before marraige, etc.* We might as well get the piece of paper, LOL.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Yeah, I actually think it's kinda funny when you said about you wanted to wait and then I said my SO was the one who wanted to wait. That's kinda funny. But, anyways... Yeah, you might as well, it's really not that bigga deal I don't think. I can't wait til I'm officially his wifey though! I dunno why, just something about knowing that it's official. Kinda stupid because we've been together for 4 years and all, so it's not like its THAT bigga deal, but it still sorta is to me, because I can't wait to have his last name. I think this went a little higher on my list when I found out that I was pregnant and I wanted my daughter & I to have the same last name. Ya know what I mean? That might sound like a stupid reason, but that's how I felt about it. I didn't want her to raise questions later and be confused or anything, plus, there's really no point in us NOT getting married. Every aspect of marriage will benefit us, so I don't see the negatives, ya know? But maybe I have on rose colored glasses. Anyways... congrats to you on everything!
May 24th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats a ligit reason to me. My brothers and I still have my dad's last name, and my mom has her madien name [they are divorced], and while I was still in HS, it was odd writting her madien name different from my dad. On a few occasions i've called and asked for her, by my last name, and they wre like, "um...who?".
A few close friends of mine, keep asking, "are ya'll married YET". My best friend, swore we were going to get married in Cali. I wish we did, now. But hey, NY is great too, LOL!
May 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
1proudmom2kalli
LOL. Yeah. My mom's last name was different than mine after she got remarried, and it always drove me nuts when I would ask for her by her new last name. I kept thinking "That's not her name!!!" It's weird.... lol. But yeah, I really do want my little girl to have the same last name as her mommie. I told the SO if he wanted her to have his last name, then he better marry me. I think if it was a boy, he would've been more adamant about it, but I did convince him, so that's all that matters! Plus I think he sees that I will make him a great little wifey.
May 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search