Looking for some answers :@

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I went to my gyno for a check up and to my suprise I was pregnant. Although never confirmed I thought my tubes were blocked because I have had PID before. I get my first 4 week appointment on 06/16.

I have been reading on symptoms etc and I needed to know if cramps are normal. They feel like period cramps. I guess I am scared because I have never been preg before. Also I had a couple of light spots. Is that ok?

Also, I smoked and lot of cigs and drank often for thepast 3 weeks until I found this out 2 days ago. Of course now I have stopped upon finding out. Do you think I have seriously hurt my child?
May 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to im a 1st time mommy
congrats on your pregnancy, i don't know about the cramps i would have that checked out. i was 6 weeks when i found out, had internal problems and was on birthcontrol, i went to the doctor because of a pain that turned out to be a bladder infection. i'm on my first pregnancy as well. i am not a smoker but i in the 6 weeks up until i found out i drank A LOT!!!! i asked my doctor if i had burt the baby as well and he said that most people don't know they are pregnant at first as long as i didn't drink anymore then it was ok that i hadn't done anything to hurt my baby. and so far everything with the baby has gone well. s/he's growing the way s/he should and has 10 fingers and 10 toes and is healthy.
May 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
First off, did they tell you how far along they thought you were?? If you were 6 weeks or so I would say the cramping could be from your uterus stretching, but they by all means should not be painful. Just achy and not constant. As for the couple of light spots if it is just when you go to the bathroom or something, or a little on your panties, I wouldn't worry about it. That could be from your exam or from having sex. That's completely normal during pregnancy. Especially in the beginning and towards the end of it. If it is bright red and alot, you should be concerned.

As for smoking and drinking... it's probably not a good thing. But you can't change what you didn't know, you didn't know you were pregnant so try not to worry yourself over it because stress will hurt your baby just as much as anything. I can tell you the first few months are the most critical to be careful of everything you take into your body because it's when the babies most important organs are forming..... but, like I said, you can't change what's already been done... so don't worry and just make sure you stay away from the cigarettes and alcohol now. You'll be fine. Before I found out I was pregnant with Maddie AND Brody, I'd had a weekend or so before where I drank and both my babies turned out fine. Just remember, stress will hurt you and your baby as much as anything. So, take it easy and try not to worry

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Both of mine were unplanned but I wouldn't trade either now for anything in this world. Matter of fact, I'm already ready for another lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
May 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I had light spotting but no cramps early in my pregnancy and the doc sent me in for an u/s just to make sure that everything was okay. I would definitely call and tell them you're having the cramps & bleeding just to make sure that it's nothing serious. It's always better to feel like you're being paranoid than to be sorry you didn't ask later. I had bleeding and my baby turned out fine, but I had to be put on pelvic rest for a while. It all depends. Everyone is different, so I'd definitely ask your doc just to make sure.

As far as the ciggs & alcohol, I would say you probably didn't do anything, but most likely you won't know until later in your pregnancy or maybe until the child is born. Chances are, you didn't do any damage, so I wouldn't worry.

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to JM! I hope you like it here!
May 21st, 2005, 06:44 AM
Veteran
I had some pretty bad cramping at about 8 weeks. They felt like bad menstrual cramps for two days. I called the doc and they said as long as I wasn't bleeding everything was fine. Since you are spotting I would call the doc just to be safe.

I didn't find out I was pregnant until 7 weeks along and I had been drinking socially up until then. A few of my nurse friends said as long as it wasn't binge drinking it's not going to hurt the baby. Of course I stopped as soon as I found out. Some of my friends OBs told them it's fine to have one drink with dinner each night. I'd rather be safe than sorry. But I wouldn't worry about what you've done up until now. I'm trying not to.

Wishing you the best

June 1st, 2005, 08:34 AM
I SUFFERED A M/C LAST WEDNESDAY! O FEEL SO CRUSHED! I WAS PLANNING SO MUCH WITH THIS BABY AND SINCE IT WAS SO HARD TO CONCEIVE I FEEL LIKE THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST CHANCE I DONT KNOW I JUST FEEL REAL DEPRESSED
June 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I am so sorry for your loss. Perhaps someone over on the miscarriage and loss boards could help you more. There really are some great girls on JM. You are still welcome to stay and be a part of us! I am keeping you in my thoughts.
June 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM
brandy's Avatar Regular
when i was pregnant my first time. .I kept feeling like my period was going to come on thats when i had a miscarriage... '
So you might want to check it out

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search