Used Spermicide but....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Regular
I have a serious question. My wife has been off of birth control (oral) for several months now. We have been using spermicide (foam type) and condoms. Her last period started on april 19 or 20th. We had sex on the 25th. During the act, we did use the spermicide but not the condom (yes, I know it was stupid). I also withdrew at the last minute. It kind of "came fast"! Anyway, as my wife didn't "finish" yet, I cleaned up and re-inserted. We did add another application of the foam spermicide, however. Well, she has not had her period yet (as of may 20th) and I am afraid she may be pregnant. Her cycle is not always a set number of days but she is still past due. Can anyone tell me the chances of her being pregnant? Thank you very much.
May 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM
*~*Joshua's_mommy*~*
i am sure she is probably not pregnant. It can take several times unprotected before a woman usualy gets pregnant. Have her take a home pregnancy test in about 10 days. That will tell you! good luck!!
May 20th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stxmommy@May 20 2005, 05:44 PM
i am sure she is probably not pregnant. It can take several times unprotected before a woman usualy gets pregnant. Have her take a home pregnancy test in about 10 days. That will tell you! good luck!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I appreciate the reply. I did go buy one (E.P.T) and she wants to wait a few days before she uses it. I think she is just as afraid as I am. We already have three children and we are getting close to 40 yrs. old, so after this, I am looking at getting a vasectomy. I can't go through this every month.
May 20th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Wow, I identify with you compeletely. Here I am 6 weeks pregnant, and guess what we used? Spermicide, no condom! (I told SO after the baby is born we are using condoms, spermicide, bc pills and he can pull out too...LOL) We used the films instead though. I believe that stuff does work, but it has to cover ALL of your sperm. I disagree with 1STXMOMMY, I dont think it matters how often you have unprotected sex. You hear of people having sex one time and getting pregnant. However, the best thing that you guys can do is wait. I was fortunate enough that I am regular and so I knew when I was late. I took some tests, and they were both positive, 5 days after I missed. I understand about the age thing...well, my SO does. He is 40. (Long story on the age diff. ) When he found out he wasnt too happy. He said he always wanted kids, etc, but wasnt really sure if he wanted one. Well, too bad now...LOL. He doenst have any others or anything, so it came as a BIG shock. I also work with a woman who just found out she is pregnant as well, her and her husband are both over 42. Neither one of them expected or wanted a baby.Well, if she is or if she isnt, good luck. At least you have other children, so you've got some practice under your belt! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
May 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Regular
Just about the same thing happened to my DH and me. We just had a baby in Feb. and used spermiside (spelling?) and a diaphram and guess what our son isn't even 4 mo and we are going to have another in Dec. WOW two babies in one year. Hope everything turns out for you.

Tomas 3-31-00
Kayla 4-16-02
Wyatt 2-05-05
baby edd 12-31-05
May 26th, 2005, 07:53 AM
mom2Silas&amp;Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
Just a note, it only takes one time to get pregnant. It's all about timing.

If you only had unprotected sex 5 days after her period (day 5 of her cycle), most likely she isn't pregnant. Ovulation typically occurs anywhere from day 10-20 in a woman's cycle. Although sperm can live up to 5 days inside a woman.

Good luck!
May 26th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
Good luck and keep us posted.

It only takes once...but I'm sure that you already know that

I hope that things works out the way that you want them to.
May 26th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Al3xa's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to Al3xa Send a message via Yahoo to Al3xa
hey thats around the same time me and my boyfriend did the act but we planned it. If she is pregnant you should have her take a test or something but it could also take a couple a times without a condom to get pregnant....I'm 5 weeks pregnant so if she is she's probably the same or near the same as me....Good luck!
May 26th, 2005, 06:48 PM
EK_Sabishi
Hmm.. if her periods are regular then I'd say she probably wouldn't get pregnant around that time, but you never know. Either way good luck to you.
May 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Al3xa's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to Al3xa Send a message via Yahoo to Al3xa
Quote:
Originally posted by EK_Sabishi@May 26 2005, 06:48 PM
Hmm.. if her periods are regular then I'd say she probably wouldn't get pregnant around that time, but you never know.* Either way good luck to you.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That's very true! Thanks and good luck to you too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search