Pregnant at 20 and want to keep baby

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Al3xa's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to Al3xa Send a message via Yahoo to Al3xa
I just recently found out I'm pregnant. I'm about 2 and a half weeks pregnant. I am a 20 year old female. My problem is that my family knows I'm pregnant too but don't think it would be right for me to have the baby and they wish for me to abort. I want to keep my baby but I don't know how to make them understand that. I'm pregnant by my current boyfriend which unfortunantly they do not like and wants to keep the baby as well. I don't want to feel presured by anyone to do anything else but they belive I'm to young for one. They don't think my boyfriend is good enough for anything and I dislike that they think that because we have already said to eachother that we will work through everything and make things work. I don't think anything should matter but to make things work. I'm feeling very confussed instead of happy because of what my family feels. Anyone have any advice on how to deal I would appreciate it greatly.

P.S. We did plan for our baby but I just thought I'd post here for extra advice...Thanks
May 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM! I was 20 when I got pregnant. I think the best way to calm your family down is to come up with a game plan. Write it down so they can see what you are going to do. How are you going to support the baby money wise? Insurance? Living situtation? School? Anything and everything you can think of. Good luck

May 25th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I totally agree with everything she said! I think the best way to approach your parents is to deal with it as mature as you can. Discuss with them your wishes and your wants, but also address their concerns, such as living situation, jobs, daycare, money, food, etc.

Good Luck!!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 26th, 2005, 07:00 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Most importantly, make the decision that's right for YOU... Not for anyone else. Really think about what you want and how you're gonna make it work. It's scary at first to think about having a baby, but people do it every day...

Anyways, good luck and let us know how things turn out!
May 26th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
Hi, I'm Nicole...I'm 22 and pregnant with #3. I got pregnant when I was 18 and there was never any doubt about me keeping the baby. You have to do what you want. Not what your family thinks is best. You should listen to them and their concerns, but explain yourself to them. Tell them how you feel about it. I don't think anyone is completely ready for their first child, no matter what age. But if you know you can do it, then do it for yourself, not them.

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
May 26th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilmommytobe Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilmommytobe
Yes do what is right for you, not anybody else! this is your child your talking about, so do what YOU WANT...and good luck!!

May 27th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats good u wanna keep the baby, i am glad i didnt give my son up and i dont regrate any of it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search