Help with depression

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2005, 03:05 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) I would seek counceling (sp?) as well. It sounds like more than hormones. Drs. and midwives are usually pretty good at picking up on these things. How far along are you? I remember there being times when I didnt feel pregnant either. I think if you had a miscarriage you'd feel sick, cramping and bleeding. After the holiday weekend I hope you seek help again. I think it'd be the best thing for you and your baby. Good luck.

May 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
EK_Sabishi
I am recently in the same boat as you are. I am considering counseling as well just to get through this on my own. I am currently in a strained relationship due to the pregnancy, and I too have been depressed because of it. In fact there are days when I wouldn't eat as much. I have anxiety most of the time and cannot sleep. I have been scared I might miscarry and I don't want to. Luckily I have no signs of bleeding or painful cramping. So by next week I too will be seeking the counsel of a professional. I wish you the best of luck and if you want to talk you can always pm or email. Don't worry you aren't alone.
May 30th, 2005, 07:56 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
if you are concerned call your dr. i was freaking out when i was pregnant with my last one for no reason and they had me come in and they checked me out and they were very nice about it. i suffered from major depression and nearly had a nervous breakdown when i was pregnant with my 3rd and they put me on zoloft and it worked wonders for me, it took about a month to work into my system but slowly each day i felt better and better until i was pretty much back to normal. hth
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
May 31st, 2005, 06:40 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I'm sorry I wasn't here last week when you posted originally! It's good to see that you are seeking help and I hope you find the support and help you need for your sake and the sake of your baby! If your SO or DH is seeing someone on the side, maybe you both should be in counseling. Well, either way, I hope that things work out for you. Oh, and I'm currently nearly 30 weeks and I have to tell ya, some days my symptoms are much more apparent then others! You're 8 weeks along, right? Well, don't worry, you probably won't feel really strong symptoms until later, if at all. Some women never feel the typical pregnancy symptoms! Anyways, I know just how you feel, but if there's ever any doubt about you or your baby's health, you should call your midwife/doctor ASAP! They are really nice and they understand that along with pregnancy comes paranoia! LOL. So, don't worry about that. Anyways, I really hope that things work out for you dear. ((((HUGS!))))
May 31st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Veteran
Hang in there! I think your situation alone can account for the depression. I have been on anti-depressants for several years which work beautifully for me. My husband and I have been in counseling for the last 6 months to get to the point where we could really move foward and buy a house, start a family, etc. We unexpectedly got pregnant and were both very shocked and upset. He did not want to have the baby which crushed me. I cried everyday for weeks- even while being on the antidepressants. They are not a cure all. It's good that you are being proactive and seeking help.

I am now almost 15 weeks along and dh and i are just starting to calm down and deal with this maturely. I met woman at a wedding this weekend that is having a very similar pregnancy. It was sooo therapeutic to talk to each other. No one can understand unless they've been through it. I'm glad you found this board. I'll be thinking of you!

June 1st, 2005, 06:43 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Glad to hear that you're getting somewhere dear! Post some pics of the puppie when you have time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search