when to make Doctor appoments

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Regular
Hey, does anyone know when should you make you first doctors appoment , and when can you have your first ultrasound and when can you tell if it is a boy or a girl ??? thanx
November 6th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I'm not sure if you've already done this, but the first thing the doctor will do is take a blood test to make sure that you are pregnant. After that, they pretty much schedule everything for you. You'll have to have additional blood tests done to test for any STD's as well as a pap/culture done to also test for STD's. They usually try to hear for the heartbeat anywhere from 10-12 weeks of pregnancy and some doctors do it before (I heard my daughter's heartbeat when I was 7 weeks pregnant). For the gender determination most doctors (not all) will do an ultrasound around the 20 week mark since that is the earliest time that is the most accurate. My doctor scheduled mine when I was around 21 weeks pregnant mainly to look at all the organs (I had a 4D ultrasound) and to tell us the gender if we wanted to know.
Amanda
November 6th, 2006, 03:45 PM
collegegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Typically doctors want to see you for your first appointment at 8 weeks. You don't want to wait to schedule the first appointment either, it's usually the longest one.

Most recommend waiting until 20 weeks for an u/s to determine gender, but some people are lucky and find out about 2-3 weeks before that. I'd say wait until you're at least 20 weeks, organs are more developed so it's easier to see everything.
__
November 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just read your other post and if u are 11 weeks u need to call the doctor to make your first appoiment. Ultrasounds are usally around 18 to 21 weeks and by then u should beable to know the sexs. take care

</div>

</div>
November 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
ro8821's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I just read your other post and if u are 11 weeks u need to call the doctor to make your first appoiment. Ultrasounds are usally around 18 to 21 weeks and by then u should beable to know the sexs. take care[/b]
If yuo are 11 weeks.. make an appointment.. Its most likely they will do an ultrasound on you, to see how far along you are.. And to estimate your due date.. Once you get further along, it will be hard to tell cause the baby is getting bigger..

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search