New Here!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM
jordan's mommie
Hi everyone,

My name is Lauren, I have an almost 6 month old baby boy. I was 15 when I got pregnant and 16 when I had him (May 26, 2006). Come to find out I am SUPRISINGLY pregnant again. This one was totally unplanned! I just want to let you know that I am new and I hope I get to know some of you girls a little more!!! My EDD is in July or August 2007. If any of you have any advice on how to tell my parents, ALL advice and suggestions are accepted!!!
November 17th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and congrats! I hope your little beaner is born on the 1st of august! That's my bday! lol
Well, how did you tell them the first time? I'd say to tell them that way again. How did it go the first time when you told them about your pregnancy with your son?

I'm Brigitte by the way, I have a 5 month old Fiona. She's so great! Isn't being a mommy too awesome!?
November 17th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Savages_Wifey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Savages_Wifey Send a message via MSN to Savages_Wifey Send a message via Yahoo to Savages_Wifey
Congrats on the preggercy first off!!! Second telling your parents... Since you told them the first time I think it should be a little bit easier!! But if not just OOHHH I got a idea... Get a stork cake and make them dinner with a theme like baby carrots ..... Baby back ribs.... Everything baby lol.... Maybe they will get the idea if not mention to them that there is a theme!!! lol HTH

November 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome!
November 20th, 2006, 09:12 AM
jordan's mommie
Quote:
Hi and congrats! I hope your little beaner is born on the 1st of august! That's my bday! lol
Well, how did you tell them the first time? I'd say to tell them that way again. How did it go the first time when you told them about your pregnancy with your son?

I'm Brigitte by the way, I have a 5 month old Fiona. She's so great! Isn't being a mommy too awesome!?[/b]

When I first told them they FREAKED out!! I told my mom this past weekend and she isn't talking to me right now. Well, she is somewhat talking to be, but there is a coldness there, KWIM? You have to remember I am 16 and pregnant with my 2nd baby!! She said that she will be there for me, but I am waiting until after my 1st trimester to tell my WHOLE family. And YES, being a mommy is the best thing ever!! Nothing can compare to it at all!!!
November 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Argh, sixteen shmixteen!!! You're a great mommy from the sounds of it and you'll be a great mommy to this baby too! Your mom will come around. It's so much harder for other ppl to get over someone else being pregnant because it's not them KWIM? Like, if your mom could read your mind and feel the things you're feeling, she wouldn't be cold with you. So it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to the idea and warm up to it.
It sucks though, knowing your family's not so thrilled about this kind of thing. But family is family. They'll get there.
Are you still with your son's dad? Is he also the papa to this baby? How's this baby's dad taking the news? Sorry if I'm being too nosey...I'm just curious! I love getting to know ppl on here!

Brigitte
November 27th, 2006, 07:18 PM
jordan's mommie
Quote:
Argh, sixteen shmixteen!!! You're a great mommy from the sounds of it and you'll be a great mommy to this baby too! Your mom will come around. It's so much harder for other ppl to get over someone else being pregnant because it's not them KWIM? Like, if your mom could read your mind and feel the things you're feeling, she wouldn't be cold with you. So it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to the idea and warm up to it.
It sucks though, knowing your family's not so thrilled about this kind of thing. But family is family. They'll get there.
Are you still with your son's dad? Is he also the papa to this baby? How's this baby's dad taking the news? Sorry if I'm being too nosey...I'm just curious! I love getting to know ppl on here!

Brigitte[/b]

My mom has come around and she is happy now. I haven't told my whole family yet, only her and my cousin know. As for Matt and I, we are really trying to work things out right now. He has kind of warmed up to the fact that he is going to be a daddy again. But he told me that it is going to take him a while. Yes, he is the daddy to this baby too. Don't worry, you aren't being nosey. How do you get to know people w/o asking any questions? Thank you for being so understanding and letting me know that I am a good mommy. I think I am doing a hell of a job, being single and still in school. Thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search