I finally told my parents

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They didnt take it so well at first, my dad was in bits and my mom was so angry, but they seem to be ok now.

I want to thank all you ladies, i really appreciate the supposrt you have given me.

thanks again!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
January 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Does it feel like a huge weight has been lifted? After I told my mom I felt so relieved that it was finally off my chest! I'm glad your parents seem to be okay with it. I know it's so hard to tell your parents and I'm sure it's hard for our parents to envision their "baby" having a baby.
Amanda
January 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Congrats! It is really hard to tell your parents! I kept it from my mom for 9 weeks - and she was so angry with me! She came to my first prenatal appointment (even though I didn't really invite her) and they gave me an ultrasound - all her anger completely went away when she saw her grandbaby on the screen.

My dad, on the other hand, said congrats. I approached him a different way - I told him that I was happy about what I was about to tell him, and that he should be happy too. He had a lot of stuff going on in his life (illness, possible cancer) so I think knowing that he would get to meet his grandbaby sooner rather than later it would be more time with her. KWIM?

DF's grandmother STILL hates me for what happened. She loves Emma to death, but is very resentful toward me. His mom, on the other hand, was mad at first but is happy now. Of course, that will probably change if I am pregnant again.

January 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Veteran
congrats on telling them. i still havent and im stalling for a while yet. I want to wait till Im out of the miscarriage stage
January 3rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
i live with mine so it was getting really hard to hide it. i'm starting to show and i can only wear baggy clothes for so long!

January 8th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Props on telling your parents. It's one of the hardest things to do!
January 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM
thank you! my boyfriends parents were so amazing about it. I went to their house yesterday adn his mom just gave me a big hug and said congratulations. It makes things so much easier!

January 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on telling your parents! It's definately easier on you (less stress) when everything is out in the open!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

January 9th, 2007, 03:36 PM
ahillo5
i didn't want to tell my parents at first either. We told my MIL and she didn't take it so well and a few of his family members didn't either. i was expecting my family to react the same way. i've only talked to my mom so far, but i know she's told the rest of my fam. I'm still kinda scared to talk to everybody.

it'll grow on them though. specially when u get ur belly!!!
January 10th, 2007, 10:23 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We haven't told our parents yet. We are 24 and 25 but are still scared. His dad and my dad will be SO excited but we aren't sure about the moms.

Crongrats on getting it out in the open!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search