Pregnant while on Mirena IUC?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mommyof2Girls's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Mommyof2Girls
I've had the IUC since April of 2005 and have always had my period just like before and now I'm a week late. I know it is possible to get pregnant on any birth control, but I thought it was pretty unlikely with this. Did anyone or does anyone know someone who got pregnant with an IUD or IUC in?

January 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I just saw your topic... I have the mirena IUD an truly its really impossible to get pregnant on one...and if you do they will usually do a D&C because its deadly to the baby from what I understand... I have had one for 5 years on and off and never once got pregnant but when I had it removed I was very quickly pregnant

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
January 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
lilbluedolphin's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lilbluedolphin Send a message via Yahoo to lilbluedolphin
Ditto...I have had mine in since 6 pp and my ob told me that is is more effective then getting your tubes tied. I havent really had a period since i got it put in. Didnt your dr tell you that you will spot and eventually you will not have a period at all for the hormones in the IUD. It is more likely that is why you are "late" then being preggers. Hope that helps.
<div align="center"><div align="center"></div><div align="center">~~Thank you Samuelsmommy for my adorable siggy~~</div><div align="center">~~Thank you Ragmama for my new blinkies~~</div></span></span></span></span><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
January 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
~:Tracy:~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All that being said from the girls above if it does dislodge, ie you can't feel the strings there is a chance that you could get pregnant, have you been checking regularly that it is still in place. Oh and one of the other warnings with the IUD is that weight change can render it ineffective???
February 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Regular
I had Mirena put in the beginning of November. I had spotting and regular periods too, until now. My last period started January 2nd and lasted almost 10 days. My period has not come yet and I am now feeling really tired, hungry, thirsty, etc... I am worried I could be pregnant. I took an HPT and it was negative but with never having regular cycles I am not 100% sure. I also can't find the strings for the Mirena. I am very worried. Any advice?
February 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
*lurking here* my DH's cousin got pregnant with one so anything is possiable the drs removed it and she finally got the baby girl she was wanting forever

February 1st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Regular
Thanks, even though I was not planning on getting pregnant now I am really hoping I am. Your post gives me hope that if I am the baby will be ok.
February 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
just an FYI the strings on the mirena tend to curl upwards so if you can't feel them, it doesn't mean it is dislodged.. just harder to find. if you are not sure, get your doctor to check. HTH =)

February 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Super Mommy
My friend is currently 13 weeks pregnant and she had a mirena IUD. You definitely do not have to terminate the pregnancy, but it can be higher risk. Her IUD was working its way out of her body and they were able to remove it. They were able to get it out early which is usually the best case scenario. From what I've read sometimes you can miscarry when they remove it, but if it cannot be safely removed you can still continue with the pregnancy but it will be considered a high risk pregnancy even though you have a good chance to have a healthy baby. I would do a test and find out. By the way my friend had little or no periods and then started having heavy periods and symptoms (probably from returning fertility) and then she found out she was pregnant. Good luck.
Amelia Kate born July 3rd at 9:09 am
8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search