PROBLEM!!! Help....!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2005, 05:05 PM
colorcky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't figure out where to post this question, but would love to know how others deal with this (if it is a problem with most pregnancies)

I was wondering how many people have dealt with Constipation during pregnancy (at any stage) and how you've dealt with it. I know you can't really take too many things (medicine wise) because of the baby, so I figured someone could maybe post a method that has either stimulated the bowels, or helped in some way.

I am sorry if this question seems a little weird for this particular board, I just didn't know where to post.

Thank you in advance for all suggestions and help!!!

June 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Hey hun! Interesting that you posted this, because I just read in my pregnancy, childbirth & newborn book about this symptom of pregnancy!!! It's VERY common... Let me get the book, hold on a sec...

This is what it suggests, in a nutshell:

-Make sure you are drinking PLENTY of fluids and eat high-fiber foods such as fruits, veggies, whole grains, bran, and prune juice.
-Exercise regularly, even just walking!!
-If those don't help, you can try over-the-counter high-fiber products containing psyllium seed. Laxatives should be avoided. (But always check w/ your doc before taking anything over-the-counter.)
-If you're taking an iron supplement, ask your doc about changing to one that doesn't cause as much constipation.

I HOPE IT HELPS! (I haven't really had this problem myself, but like I said, I JUST read about it, so I am glad you asked now, while it's still fresh in my preggo brain!!)
June 26th, 2005, 05:20 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all welcome to JM!

You can also take an over the counter stool softener.

June 26th, 2005, 07:25 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been battling constipation since day one. Sometimes it is so bad that I bleed a bit. When it gets that bad I make sure I eat a lot of fruit and drink lots of liquid, and it usually clears things up. Yogurt is really good for that too. We have this symptom because the body has slowed down the digestion process to make sure it gets all of the nutrients from the food, so it's actually a good thing for baby! I just keep telling myself that whenever I reluctantly head to the bathroom
-O

<div align="center"></div>
June 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
colorcky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone! It's nice to have found a board like this, with people to talk to, and all the information one could ever need!!!!

Thank you so far, for the information in regards to the issue I posted! I've read about the food items, etc. but never knew you could get an OTC type laxy?

June 26th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I've had my bouts of constipation since I found out I was pregnant. I was prescribed prenatals with a stool softner in it, and a stool softner on its own...Colace for that extra boost. You can also take metamucil or any of those fiber supplements..that was approved through my Dr, so you may have to ask your own. I would push myself to walk, and that at times worked. I ate prunes as snacks too. At one point I was willing to try anything...Talking to it, to coach it to come out....I was desperate.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Renee
June 26th, 2005, 07:36 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I would get something like Metamucil before I would try a laxitive, and I would definitely call my doctor to ask her if it's okay first. But then, I'm one of those people who worries about litterally EVERYTHING.
-O

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search