how to tell

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2007, 09:59 AM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
okay so i have a delima. I have one son already that is 10 months old. My husband and I are having our second child, im in my 4th month. I don't know how to break it to my parents or my on-laws. this baby wasn't planned at all and we don't know how to tell them. so any suggestions. We have to tell them soon cause i am starting to show a little.

February 6th, 2007, 05:04 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just tell them straight out. I dont think its any of their business if the baby was planned or not. if you are happy about it then they'll be happy for you. they may be shocked, but thats parents for you.

I dont know your circumstances but even the worst of scenarios turn out alright in the end!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
February 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Contrary to popular belief... not every baby has to be planned in order to be loved!! If you were old enough to be married, don't you think you should be old enough to have as many children as you want whenever you want, planned or not?

Ditto what first time mom said, just tell them straight out.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

February 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Veteran
I agree with the others, tell them soon.

My BIL and his wife got pregnant again a few months later after the birth of their son. They didn't tell my in-laws until she was about 5 months pregnant. They were disappointed they didn't tell them sooner.

Even if they are mad/disappointed at first, once they see the baby they will love the baby.
February 6th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Veteran
I agree with the ladies on this one.

You're married already so really there's nothing to hide. If they disapprove so be it. You have your own family now.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
February 7th, 2007, 03:22 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
exactly, if you are married then you have nothing to be ashamed of or to be nervous about. its expected of married people!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
February 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure they will be excited! It's another grandbaby for them!!!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 22nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
littleln's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just tell them! Are they just going to be upset because the kids will be nearly Irish twins? I know some people and some religions really have issues with that, but personally, I don't really see the problem with Irish twins (other than it's awfully hard on the mothers body).

Our pregnancy is so totally 100% unplanned. I can't honestly say that we were thrilled. We're warming up to it. We just weren't/aren't ready for kids. However, I know that we'll be good parents and once we have the baby we'll love it to pieces.

But anyway, when we told his parents they were absolutely thrilled. They've been BEGGING for grandbabies and we haven't been ponying up the kids because we just didn't really want them/couldn't afford them yet. When we told them they guessed pretty quick that it was an "OOPS" but believe me they do not care. They couldn't be happier about our happy little accident.

My father is a different story. My mom is dead, but she would have been happy. I think all my dad said when we told him was, "Good luck, god knows you two need it." Keep in mind here, we're 28 years old. I really thought his reaction was... small. But it was about what I expected. Anyone who reacts the way my father did is clearly not thinking about the long term picture. I used to worry about what would happen to him, his health, etc... after each phonecall, I now find myself increasingly less concerned for his well being due to his poor attitude towards my child. I think he needs to learn than in a Baby vs. father fight, the baby wins. I'm not going to choose him over my child.

In the end, their reactions really don't matter. Who cares? If they have a poor reaction, then congratulations to them for pushing their children and grandchildren further away and ostrasizing themselves from the family! Go them! A poor reaction will only hurt everyone involved.

Thanks to pattiandthemoos for the great siggy!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
February 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
update guys!!!

well i told my parents and they took it very well. My mother-in-law on the other end freaked out, but she is doing better now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search