Drinking During Pregnancy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Regular
I feel really stupid, but I have extremely erratic menstrual cycles due to on-going issues with birth control. I learned that I was pregnant in my 18th week (16th week of pregnancy since conception). I am a little heavier than I ought to be, so although I noticed my clothes getting a little tigher, I thought I was just gaining weight.

My concern is that I went on vacation in what would have been my 17th week of pregnancy. My husband and I had quite a good time and drank far too much - every day of our vacation! Just by chance, I don't think I had drank at all otherwise during the pregnancy, and since learning that I am pregnant, I certainly haven't had anything else to drink.

I know that heavy drinking in the first trimester can especially have dire consequences, but that isn't the case with me. And I can't seem to find much that is relevant about drinking for one isolated week during the second trimester. I did read that the biggest risk of drinking in the second trimester is miscarriage, and obviously that did not happen.

Has anybody else had a similar experience or knows of any similar situations? I honestly didn't think I could even get pregnant, so we are terribly excited, but we are just a little worried about what to expect.

Thank you!
June 29th, 2005, 12:39 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I agree with Jody. All you can do is just hope for the best. If it was just one isolated week, and you didn't drink before and you haven't drank since, I would just relax. Also, I dunno how far along you are, but when you get somewhere around 20 weeks you will have an ultrasound and they should be able to tell you if there's any abnormalities... I mean, they can't see them all, obviously, but anything big they should be able to detect. Good luck hun!
June 30th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
The important thing is that you aren't drinking now. I'd let your doctor know what happened and see if they want to do anything. Don't worry yourself about it, and don't let it stress you out. The important thing is that you are taking care of your little bean now!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search