How can you tell?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I'm just curious....
I've heard of people getting pregnant while on birth control. Well, birth control makes you skip periods, right? So..how can a person tell they're pregnant if they're on birth control?
Thanks.
February 8th, 2007, 07:30 AM
sarabella
Quote:
I'm just curious....
I've heard of people getting pregnant while on birth control. Well, birth control makes you skip periods, right? So..how can a person tell they're pregnant if they're on birth control?
Thanks.[/b]
Depends on the type of birth control. The pill doesn't make you skip periods but the shot might.
February 8th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I didn't know until over 2 months into it d/t skipped periods. got tested after what I thought was the stomach flu lasted waay too long
February 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not all birth control makes you skip periods. and if you think that you may be pregnant then go to the doctor and tey'll tell you for sure. generally you know when you're pregnant. especially after 5 or 6 weeks. its just something you feel. maternal instinct or morning sickness, not sure which triggered it for me!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
February 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Angelica81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Angelica81
Quote:
I'm just curious....
Thanks.[/b]
I was on the pill and got pregnant. Basically the day after I take my last pill for that month, my period starts.

But in Decenber I got this weird, really heavy 10 day long period right in the middle of my month. I kept taking the pills though and that turned out to be my last period. I didn't get my period after they ended but I assumed it was b/c my cycle was so messed up. The only reason I suspected I might be pregnant is b/c I was SO tired and nauseous and my BF kept making jokes that I might be preggers.

And I am.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
February 9th, 2007, 03:32 PM
bootyqueen's Avatar Veteran
I was on Depo and I didn't get periods... which is normal...

But now I'm on the Pill and I'm not getting REGULAR periods, but my Dr. tells me that some pills are such a low dose that some women don't get periods on the pill either.
I do still get PMS and crap so I know I'm not pregnant, and I do get a bit of spotting.

If you're just starting out on BC, it may take a while for you to accept the fact that you're not pregnant. It took me a while.

If you take the pill, make sure you take it at the same time every day... That's really important.

</a>

<span style="color:#008000">"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain"
-Louisa May Alcott</span>
February 12th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I heard there are few ladies got pregnant while in the pills.. I guess the pills don't give a full guarantee that you'll not get pregnant.. but it just reduce the percentage of getting pregnant..
February 12th, 2007, 04:54 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well with my 1st daughter I had only been off of my BC pills for like 4 days when I got pregnant. Now I have been off Low hormone BC pills for almost a month and a half. I think I might be pregnant but my AF was supposed to be here 3 days ago and I keep getting BFN. I wonder why it is hard get prego this time when it was really easy last time.

February 13th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Cavalrybaby02's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to Cavalrybaby02
BC (the pill) is supposed to keep you from ovulating, but you should still have a period every month.

I know a lot of people who got pregnant on the pill, it's not 100%.
February 14th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just curious....
Thanks.[/b]
Depends on the type of birth control. The pill doesn't make you skip periods but the shot might.
[/b]
The pill made me skip periods all the time but when I switched to an IUD was when I accidently got pregnant it worked great for a year and 3 months then it came out and I didn't know and got pregnant but I am here to tell you that you can miss periods on the pill I went 5 years skipping periods.
February 14th, 2007, 12:08 PM
sarabella
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just curious....
Thanks.[/b]
[/b]
The pill made me skip periods all the time but when I switched to an IUD was when I accidently got pregnant it worked great for a year and 3 months then it came out and I didn't know and got pregnant but I am here to tell you that you can miss periods on the pill I went 5 years skipping periods.
[/b]
Did you skip them on purpose by skipping the week of placebo pills?

I was on various brands of birth control pills from age 16-25 and always got my period every month. Only time I ever missed a period was if I skipped the placebo week and went straight to the next pack of pills. I'm a little jealous that I never missed a period! I guess it depends on your normal flow and cycle. I was extremely regular (I'm talking to the DAY I knew when I'd start) before going on the pill and had a pretty moderate to heavy flow.

Though I'm thankful that I never missed a period on the pill... talk about a heart attack that must be. I just read that if you miss one period on the pill, it's nothing to worry about, but 2 in a row you should see your doctor.
February 15th, 2007, 07:20 AM
babyreaves's Avatar Super Mommy
I never had a skipped period on birth control (the pill) and i took it from 17-22 yrs old. Take a test, sometimes you get a false negative if u take it too early (I took it and it said negative, and four days later I took 3 and they all said positive). Go to your doctor if you have weird periods and are worried
February 15th, 2007, 08:08 AM
sarabella
Quote:
I never had a skipped period on birth control (the pill) and i took it from 17-22 yrs old. Take a test, sometimes you get a false negative if u take it too early (I took it and it said negative, and four days later I took 3 and they all said positive). Go to your doctor if you have weird periods and are worried[/b]

You have got the CUTEST baby bump!!!
February 26th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my BC I still have/had periods each month....So when it was late - BINGO

February 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
That was something I didn't want to do was skip periods... The idea of not having a period just made me nervous even if I wasn't pregnant... I was on Nuva Ring and I had a period that lasted 3 days every month... Granted babys father tampered with it and thus I am pregnant... but I never had a problem with it before and i was on it for 3 years... If it makes you nevous ask for one that pretty much guarantees you a period... lol...

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search