did your...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
*♥baby-mama♥*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
parent or parents or SO ever try to talk u into getting an abortion... my mother did and i straight up told her NO!
March 4th, 2007, 04:26 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my dad tried to talk me into putting my baby up for adoption. I got so upset at the thought of someone having the baby i made and loved so much. I didnt talk to him for weeks.

My bf(now dh) and i considered abortion. we thought about it for a week or so then realised we couldnt do it. he didnt try to talk me into it tho, it was a decision for both of us.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
I thougth about it.. but realized I couldnt do it... The baby's fathers family wanted me to get one and even wrote me a check if I would... They didn't want me to "ruin" his life... I never took the check... and now he's signing over rights to his son as soon as he's born.... BEcuase he doesn't want to even meet his son... And his family is sending me letters in the mail to try to see the baby.. after 6 months of not talking to me... Don't you love people!!!

My dad actually told me I should think about getting my tubes tied... That ticked me off and I didn't talk to him for a few weeks... It really wasn't his place and I'm only 22 and this is my first baby! I don't know what he was thinking...

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
March 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nope.... DF and I got into a fight once early on and he said "if the baby is going to be so much of a problem just get rid of it".... but by the time I came home, his face was buried in the couch, he was so ashamed of what he said.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

March 20th, 2007, 04:00 AM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
me and my s/o got pregnant when i was 18 and had an abortion and when we got pregnant again when i was 22 (unexpected) we pondered abortion for a few weeks but decided we didn't want to go thru two abortions, so we kept her.

March 20th, 2007, 05:27 AM
sarabella
My bf was very upset when I got pregnant. He kept pushing abortion and then adoption. Now he's kissing my belly every night and talking to the baby and making sure I eat and taking care of me when I'm sick. Total turn around!

My mom has been wanting another grandchild for awhile now she was immediately thrilled!
March 20th, 2007, 05:31 AM
men just cant handle the shock as well as we can. we have hormones making us love the baby from very eary on, we cant be as objective as they can.

my dh was so calm about it all. almost too calm....

March 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Julian and I talked about it, but decided nope, we are gonna own up to our responsibilities. And it was the best decision him and I ever made!
March 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Julian and I talked about it, but decided nope, we are gonna own up to our responsibilities. And it was the best decision him and I ever made![/b]
ditto to that. theres not a day that passes that i dont feel so blessed for having this baby inside me and thank my lucky stars that i didnt get rid of it.

March 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
My mother called me for two week straight to talk me into get an abortion. Dh wasn't to thrilled about the pregnancy but the next day he said that he didn't wanna be a dead beat like his dad and he wanted me to have the baby. And he just recently said that he sometimes gets emotional about how he treated me when we first found out i was pregnant. He says he can't imagine life with out our DD.

Me - Daynuh

March 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, i am new in here.

When i first told bf i was pregnant he was a little upset, he kept asking me what i wanted to do and if i was sure i wanted to keep it, he said she wasn't sure if he was ready, but he never told me to get an abortion.
Now he is feeling better about it.

i was too scared to tell my mother is person so i sent her an e-card she replied saying she was happy for us, but she has never brought it up when i'm around. i don't get the feeling she is too happy and it hurts me...

Everyone else is totally happy for us though.

March 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
irishxrose
My mom wanted me to get one because I was 17 and I wasn't ready. I told her no... I was going to have my baby. Now she loves him more than anything, and regrets trying to get me to have one.
March 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
No one ever tried to get me to have an abortion. I think they all knew better because I am SOOO outspokenly pro-life.

I did however misunderstand something my boyfriend said to me when we first found out and thought he wanted me to have one. I just cried and cried until he calmed me down to tell me I was crazy!

I think it's rotten someone would try and pressure anyone (gf, daughter, friend or whomever) to have an abortion if it isn't what they want.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 22nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
i'm extremely prochoice and i think that if a woman wants an abortion than she should get all the support she needs, but no one should ever make her think that its the best thing for her.

March 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Her father practically forced me to get one...I couldn't go through with it. I considered it but I just couldn't do it. And thank God, I look at her now and get shivers thinking "what if". She is the most precious thing in the world, it kills me that I ever considered it
March 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Quote:
And thank God, I look at her now and get shivers thinking "what if". She is the most precious thing in the world, it kills me that I ever considered it [/b]
i think that every day and i havent even seen my baby yet. I can only imagine what it must feel like when you look into their little face and think you almost lost them...

March 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I cried so hard when I first had the positive test that my husband told me that he would support whatever decision I made about the pregnancy. We had an ultrasound that same day and after he saw/heard the heart, he wanted to keep her. Good thing, cause that is what I was going to do.
March 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
My boyfriend and Mom told me they would support me in whatever decision I made. My boyfriend suggested abortion only because he was concerned about my health. I thought about it for a couple days but realized I just couldn't get rid of something so precious. My doctor told me it would be very unlikely for me to get pregnant--so how could I destroy such a miracle? Lots of my friends PUSHED abortion so much that I actually don't talk to most of them anymore. I couldn't believe how unsupportive they were. Oh well. I'm so glad I decided to keep the baby though! :-)

</div>
March 26th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Quote:
My doctor told me it would be very unlikely for me to get pregnant--so how could I destroy such a miracle?[/b]
does that mean your pregnancy will be high risk?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search