help!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
I got a bfp this morning... df and i ttc'd for 10 months to have our daughter danika who is now 8 months old. I have 3 boys from a prev marriage, and he has 2 girls from his prev marriage... We dtd one time without a condom, and boom, here I am. After that night, i went to the dr to ask about morning after pill. I got it, came home and told df that she said it was only 80% effective, would make me sick, and could possibly lower my platelets (I have a platelet disorder) so he was like "Dont take them then. Its not like I will hate you if you get preg"

Well, here I am.. he works away a week, home a week and is due home today. I am in total shock.. how do I tell him? We already have so many kids, and a small house!

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
March 9th, 2007, 02:39 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
firstly congratulations!!!!

Secondly, every baby takes alot of adjustment. And your DH has said that he'll be ok with you being pregnant.
How do you feel about it? apart from the worries of money etc, how do you feel about the little person growing in you? because at the end of the day thats all that matters. everything else has a way of working themselves out.

and welcome to the unplanned pregnancy board!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Veteran
If your DH said it's okay I don't see any reason to worry.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!
March 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
firstly congratulations!!!!

Secondly, every baby takes alot of adjustment. And your DH has said that he'll be ok with you being pregnant.
How do you feel about it? apart from the worries of money etc, how do you feel about the little person growing in you? because at the end of the day thats all that matters. everything else has a way of working themselves out.

and welcome to the unplanned pregnancy board![/b]

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Congratulations!

PS... I'm naming my daughter Danika too! We just picked the name a couple weeks ago. =)

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 10th, 2007, 08:58 AM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
Thank girls... I had a bit of a pai=nic attack yesterday... ok, a big one lol.. but i feel alot more peaceful now! I told df and it went well. I think we are both on a bit of a roller coaster, but i think it will be ok after all. I am really scared to tell other people though. I know they dont matter, but I just dont want to hear it.

lvfunandfit... that is really cool! Most people spell it danica! I find though people pronounce it wrong with the k.. they call her Dan-eee-ka, which was not what we had in mind

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
March 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thank girls... I had a bit of a pai=nic attack yesterday... ok, a big one lol.. but i feel alot more peaceful now! I told df and it went well. I think we are both on a bit of a roller coaster, but i think it will be ok after all. I am really scared to tell other people though. I know they dont matter, but I just dont want to hear it.

lvfunandfit... that is really cool! Most people spell it danica! I find though people pronounce it wrong with the k.. they call her Dan-eee-ka, which was not what we had in mind [/b]

Only tell the other people when you are ready!
I'm glad things went well with DF!! =) Congrats on being pregnant!

I'm finding that too... that people keep calling our baby Da-nee-kuh and it drives me crazy. I just liked the way it looked better with a K... Oh well. I've had to correct people all my life on how to pronounce my name. We thought about putting in 2 n's. But people would call her Dan-Nee-Kuh and My fiance wanted to use a Y instead of an I but then people would prounce it Da-ni-kuh with a long I sound.
So, after all that, we decided on Danika! =)

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to say, congratulations
March 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
irishxrose
Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm glad your DF took it well!
March 11th, 2007, 05:02 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad to hear that your DF took it well.
other people shouldnt have an opinion on you having children, its totally up to you! dont worry about it.

congrats again!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 12th, 2007, 01:52 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am so glad that your DF took it so well

Also, don't worry about what other people think and don't worry about telling them until you are ready. I was so afraid my parents would be mad I waited to tell them until I was 12 weeks and they were excited! Then my BF's parents make me want to pee my pants so we waited until 16 weeks to tell them and they were excited too!

Good Luck and Congrats!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search