Castor Oil

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
*~*Joshua's_mommy*~*
Hi ladies! If you have used Castor Oil in the past, please answer these questions...... Thank you!

How did you consume the Castor Oil??

How much do you have to use??

Where can you buy this stuff??

Did the Caster Oil work??

Do you recommend the use of Castor Oil to induce labor??
July 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey I just answered your other post but I would NOT reccomend it. Have lots of sex instead. Its safer and more fun!! Castor oil gives you diarreha

July 11th, 2005, 06:41 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerJ1029@Jul 9 2005, 09:53 PM
Hey I just answered your other post but I would NOT reccomend it.* Have lots of sex instead.* Its safer and more fun!!* Castor oil gives you diarreha
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Yeah, I've heard that it's a laxative type of thing. And I've also heard that if it DOES NOT jump start labor, more women wind up being mad that they took it to begin with!
July 17th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Regular
ok im tired of everyone giving castor oil bad rap. I used it and it worked right away, my friend used it, it worked, and her friend used it. so what if you get diaharreha, you have a 50% chance of making that baby come out. I took the whole four ounces, which is what my recipe called for, then i blended it with sherbert ice cream in a blender, and milk, and drank the whole thing. then you will usually go to have the runs, and then get in a hot bath for like, 20 min., get out and lay down for a while. my contractions started about 6 hours after i started the whole process. just try it. there is no evidence that babies poop more in the whomb before they come out, with castor oil. you will be fine. and your baby too. but dont try it until your 38/39 weeks along. that way your body will be closer to accepting the contractions. my baby never pooped inside me. he came out fine. and my water bag didnt even breack, they let it break when it wanted to. i have it on video or this huge balloon looking thing peering out of my vagina. sorry. but it was cool. ok try it.:smile
July 17th, 2005, 06:11 AM
*~*Joshua's_mommy*~*
I tried it when I was 37 weeks prego and it just made me upchuck, and no changes happend.
July 17th, 2005, 12:33 PM
nat81
Quote:
Originally posted by ahouseof3@Jul 17 2005, 02:28 AM
ok im tired of everyone giving castor oil bad rap.* I used it and it worked right away, my friend used it, it worked, and her friend used it.* so what if you get diaharreha, you have a 50% chance of making that baby come out.* I took the whole four ounces, which is what my recipe called for,* then i blended it with sherbert ice cream in a blender, and milk, and drank the whole thing.* then you will usually go to have the runs, and then get in a hot bath for like, 20 min., get out and lay down for a while.* my contractions started about 6 hours after i started the whole process.* just try it.* there is no evidence that babies poop more in the whomb before they come out, with castor oil.* you will be fine.* and your baby too.* but dont try it until your 38/39 weeks along. that way your body will be closer to accepting the contractions.* my baby never pooped inside me.* he came out fine.* and my water bag didnt even breack, they let it break when it wanted to.* i have it on video or this huge balloon looking thing peering out of my vagina.* sorry.* but it was cool.* ok try it.:smile
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I suppose your body was ready to give birth... I tried it at 40 weeks and was on the can alllll night and nothing happened. I then read that if your body isn't ready then castor oil won't help. Nicole was 10 days late and I was induced at the hospital and had a really bad labor experience... I have to agree with most of the mid wives and say that it's best to wait until baby is ready to come out!!!
July 27th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think when the baby is ready to come out he/she will. I tried castor oil at 39weeks and just got the worst stomach cramps! No baby! It can dehydrate you too so be careful. At 40 weeks (the night I went into labor) I ate a very spicy dinner and walked over a mile and had sex and come 3am I went into labor. Did all that help? Who knows but I honestly think when that baby is ready it will come. With my second pregnancy I had a scheduled c-seciton 10 days before my dd and I went into labor the day before that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search