I called...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
....Mattea's grandparents. As in Chris's parents. I looked up their number and I called trying to find his current #. His mom wouldn't give it to me-she was nice about it but she said she didn't feel comfortable just giving it out, which I understood. So I gave her my number and told her to tell Chris to call me ASAP. Said it was important. I don't know if he will call...but I have a feeling he will, maybe just out of fear, because he knows that I have his parent's number now and maybe will be afraid that I will tell them. So it's done...it took me a long time to work up the nerve to do this, so I'm proud of myself, all I can do now is sit and wait for him to make the next move. I'm hoping that he will be a mature and level headed adult about it and that we can figure out the best situation for Mattea-whether he's in her life or not. And at the very least I hope he agrees to release his medical records, and gives me a picture of him that I can show her one day. I'm contemplating calling his parents back and letting them know the whole situation if he doesn't tell them-they really are nice people and this may well be their only grandchild as his brother has Downs Syndrome and he's 32 and said he wasn't sure he wanted kids to begin with. So I feel like they have a right to know...but we'll see. I haven't talked to him since I was 6 weeks pregnant and he told me he didn't even want to know she existed. I'm hoping that the next time we speak he will at least be civil-she does exist, whether he likes it or not, and she deserves at the very least his acknowledgement. If he doesn't want to be involved though-fine. He needs to sign over his rights then. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm nervous as anything about how this may turn out
March 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Wow you are so brave! Good luck and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

How hard this must all be for you. I really hope it works out that even if he can't be man enough to love his daughter that he will tell his parents and give them the opportunity to love her.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow you are really brave i haven't talked to Sasha's dad since i was 18 weeks pregnant and i wanted to call and let him know that i had her last monday but i dont' want him to be an ##### about things. I did file for child support so he's gonna know no matter what. Any way i hope things work out for you!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
March 25th, 2007, 05:15 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that was so strong of you to call his parents. I cant imagine how hard it is for you to have such a beautiful daughter and have half her family not even know she exists.

if i'm overstepping the line then i'm sorry, i dont mean to offend, but why are you doing this guy the favour of not telling his family? they have a right to know and its not like this guy has done anything for you and your little girl. His parents sound like really great people, the kinda grandparents you want for your child. it should be their decision whether or not they want to be in Matteas life.
again, i'm sorry if i offended you.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really have to applaud your maturity in how you have handled what could have otherwise been a sticky situation! You are obviously a very strong and brave woman... your daughter is very lucky to have you!

March 26th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
that was so strong of you to call his parents. I cant imagine how hard it is for you to have such a beautiful daughter and have half her family not even know she exists.

if i'm overstepping the line then i'm sorry, i dont mean to offend, but why are you doing this guy the favour of not telling his family? they have a right to know and its not like this guy has done anything for you and your little girl. His parents sound like really great people, the kinda grandparents you want for your child. it should be their decision whether or not they want to be in Matteas life.
again, i'm sorry if i offended you.[/b]
No worries! I'm not offended at all I am giving him a week to call me back (it has now been 3 days) If he does not, I am sending them a letter with her picture. I feel like it is his place to tell them but if he's going to continue evading me, I will have no choice. They do absolutely have a right to know.
March 26th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This morning I caught myself wondering if he had called you yet...

Your deadline sounds more than fair!

March 27th, 2007, 04:10 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i wouldnt give him that long! you're too generous!

i really hope they take the news well and give you some support their ******* son refuses to give.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM
yammie
Quote:
No worries! I'm not offended at all I am giving him a week to call me back (it has now been 3 days) If he does not, I am sending them a letter with her picture. I feel like it is his place to tell them but if he's going to continue evading me, I will have no choice. They do absolutely have a right to know.[/b]

I say you do this regardless of him calling or not. Just because he is a loser doesnt mean Mattea doesnt deserve to know her grandparents.. they may want to be apart of her life and if youre willing to have them thats even better. Even though I am sure she has plenty of people who love her and are so glad she is here.. it is still nice to know where you come from.. if he cant be a man and let his daughter know him..then he really isnt worth knowing..

unfortunately she has to grow up knowing her dad was a loser and wouldnt come to his senses. I bet it will break Mattea's fathers heart one day when he hears about her calling some other better man daddy instead of him

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search