Could I be Pregnant??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Regular
Hello, I'm starting this topic to see if someone out there may be able to help??

I'm 30 yrs old & had a tubal 10 yrs ago, & I think (my husband in convinced) I may be pregnant..
I was 3 weeks late for my last period, & then started after stressing out about this topic.. Not anything normal just spotting.. I spotted for about a day & a half & that was it. normally I'm regular as regular can be & have a Normal flow.. Never missed in 10 yrs...
Ok anyway, I do have alot of signs, "tender breast, fatigue, irritable, weight gain in my belly & breast.."my jeans nor my bra's no longer fit.." I have alot of pressure in my upper stomach & feeling flutters in my belly.. I have been on every web site I can think to find this answer but I'm not getting anywhere..
I have taken 2 HPT & both have came up "negative"...
What should I do & Could I be PREGNANT?? or could this be something else.. ???

PLEASE HELP!!!
March 23rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
i would go see your doctor. sometimes it takes a while for a test to show up positive. The doctor can pull blood and be able to tell you alot sooner.

March 23rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Gorman
I agree, go to the doctor. You're safer there in case it isn't pregnancy. I'm doubting you can be pregnant after a tubal, but crazy things happen. Your 30 and you had a tubal at 20?
March 23rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Regular
Quote:
I agree, go to the doctor. You're safer there in case it isn't pregnancy. I'm doubting you can be pregnant after a tubal, but crazy things happen. Your 30 and you had a tubal at 20?[/b]

Becoming pregnant after a tubal is very comon.. I have talked to a doctor about that part of this subject & he's tells me after 10 yrs. 5 out of every 100 women can become pregnant after a tubal.. So it's not Crazy..
Truly it should be very concerning to all the people out there who have had this done..
As for the comment "30 & had tubal @ 20" I find that very judgemental of people..
Yes, I have a very unplanned childbirth @ age 18 & although I love my Twins I decided to get a tubal after my Daughter was born @ age 20.. So yes I had a tubal @ age 20 & didn't think I would ever want another child.. Raising twins @ age 18 was very hard but we did a wonderful job & have 3 wonderful Children now who are the love of my life..
So please if your going to reply or read my topics "Don't judge me" as I'm only human & I have made mistakes over my life.. As has everyone.. I do thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to reply to my questions .. Again, Thanks..
March 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Pickle Pops's Avatar Super Mommy
^^(in her defense) I wasn't judging you when you said you had a tubal at 20, I was more kinda like "wow, I didn't think doctors would do that at that age".. so in defense of her, I was shocked when you said you had a tubal at 20 - I wasn't judging you though. hth.

I would call your doctor, like everyone else said. You could be pregnant, you could have something else going on.. I would check with a dr though to find out.

Good luck!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

March 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Gorman
Becoming pregnant after a tubal is very comon.. I have talked to a doctor about that part of this subject & he's tells me after 10 yrs. 5 out of every 100 women can become pregnant after a tubal.. So it's not Crazy..
Truly it should be very concerning to all the people out there who have had this done..
As for the comment "30 & had tubal @ 20" I find that very judgemental of people..
Yes, I have a very unplanned childbirth @ age 18 & although I love my Twins I decided to get a tubal after my Daughter was born @ age 20.. So yes I had a tubal @ age 20 & didn't think I would ever want another child.. Raising twins @ age 18 was very hard but we did a wonderful job & have 3 wonderful Children now who are the love of my life..
So please if your going to reply or read my topics "Don't judge me" as I'm only human & I have made mistakes over my life.. As has everyone.. I do thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to reply to my questions .. Again, Thanks..
[/quote]

I feel so horrible right now. I absolutely did not judge you at all.. and I'm so sorry if it came across that way. I had no idea that after a tubal there was any chance to get pregnant. I thought once you had that done you could only have it reversed to have a baby... again... no idea. About the age thing and having a tubal... I thought maybe you wrote it wrong or I read it wrong simply because I had a very good friend who had her second child at age 20 and she wanted to get a tubal and they told her they would not to that until she was at least 21... (a whopping year difference). I had two kids by 21... so please don't get me wrong... I'm sure you have done a wonderful job raising your children and that they are the loves of your life. I am so extremely sorry for coming across that way, but I by no means meant it mean or judgemental at all. I hope you can accept my apology and I everything turns out great for you.
March 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think that only a doctor can tell you if you are pregnant.

and in Natachas defense, i dont think she ment to offend either, i thought the same thing, not in a "my god she had 3 children at 20" more of a "wow i didnt think a doctor would do it so young"

if you are pregnant, how do you and your husband feel about it?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Regular
Quote:
i think that only a doctor can tell you if you are pregnant.

and in Natachas defense, i dont think she ment to offend either, i thought the same thing, not in a "my god she had 3 children at 20" more of a "wow i didnt think a doctor would do it so young"

if you are pregnant, how do you and your husband feel about it?[/b]

Thanks & I'm sorry if I came across as I was Mad or upset.. I wasn't.. I just have had many people over our life tell us how wrong we were for having children so young.. I alway jump to defense when it comes across that way. Again I'm sorry.. NO HARD FEELINGS!!

As for the ? of how we feel.. We both want another child & have for a few years but could not afford a Tubal Reversal.. We are both Self employed & don't have health insurance on ourselfs just our children..
Being that we were both young when we had our first & even though we were never away from them it just wasn't the same as when you are an older Adult raising children.. I don't believe you stop to think of all the important things you miss or disregard when your young, as you do an older parent.. So I thing it would be great & we both are very Excited of the idea.. But SCARED to death.. Can we do it all over again. our children are nearly teenagers & 1/2 grown..
I'm sure were looking way to much into this..
My husband had already began picking out names & if we're not pregnant he will be so upset as will I but I think I'm more understanding that it could be any # of things.. Hopeful but concerned @ the same time..
I would just really like to know.. I do have an appointment Wed..
Hope for the best... & Thanks to all replies..
March 24th, 2007, 02:19 AM
i think every mother has the same fears about money and changes to life style. those things just have a way of working themselves out. the fact that you might have a new baby makes it all worth it!

i really hope you get the result you want. keep us updated!

March 24th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Gorman
I agree that raising children as an older parent is way different then when you are younger. Not that you aren't as good of a parent when you are younger, just different. I had my three children by the time I was 22 years old. We both had to work and when I got home I was so tired and I really took for granted the time I spent with them. Now, they seem so grown up and I just can't get enough of them. I will be 28 when this baby is born, and I feel like a totally different person this time around. I'm so much more laid back and just going with the flow... my time is my time and I'm spending every second I can with my kids. It's not that I didn't want to do this before, but for some reason it feels 'different'. I also don't work nearly as much... yea! I hope everything turns out for you and please let us know.
March 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Veteran
I was kind of shocked that your doctor did a tubal so young, too! DH is 34, I'm 29, and if either of us wanted surgery right now we'd have to go through counseling before they'd let us. They're really reluctant to do surgery here if there's any doubt that you might someday want more kids.

As for the possibility, I know of at least one situation where BOTH spouses had surgery and they still got pregnant. So it's definitely possible. Officially, I think the effectiveness of surgery is something like 99.99% - just slightly better than the Pill.

I'd definitely go to the doctor, because even if it isn't that, then there's something else going on that you need to get checked out.
March 26th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Regular
I go to the Doctor Wed. This weekend the emotions set in really bad.. Someone could look @ me wrong & I started crying.. My husband told me I need to go by some clothes that would fit & I started Crying..
I have gained 9 lbs in the past week & a half.. & I have no idea what else could cause the weight gain.. I have weighted the same since my daughter was born 10yrs ago.. I have not gained nor lost a pound since after having her.. Starting to get pressure in my left side & upper stomach.. & have been feeling what feels like butterflies in my belly.. "I know that must sound crazy @ this time" but its real.. Only feel it @ night or when I'm very relaxed.. I'm getting very worried not knowing & wondering what else it could be.. Hopeing it is a New Baby but scared it's not.. As I've heard I know the doc. is the only one who can tell me, but has anyone out there ever been pregnant & HPT not showed??? Again @ this time I've taken 2 of them both show negative.. I talked to my OB & he did remind me that when I got pregnant with my Twins, HPT's did not show up tell after I was 3 month along.. Could this be the same chance????
March 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM
sarabella
From everything I've read, it just doesn't make sense.

9 lbs in a week and a half... I've barely gained 10 lbs over the last 4 months. And the butterflies and pressure are rather early if your period is only 3 weeks late.

I'm more inclined to think that it's something else but I'm no doctor. The symptoms just don't fit the timeline from everything I know so far.

I'm glad you have a doctors appointment. Any time you gain 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks, it signifies a very serious medical problem.

Today is Monday, you know you can just pop on over to Planned Parenthood and they will do a pregnancy test for you I think.
March 27th, 2007, 04:07 AM
sara is right, i'm nearly 23 weeks pregnant and i havent gained that much. fluttering in your belly at 3weeks late sounds really strange too. the baby isnt even visable to the naked eye at that stage, let alone moving.

i think that it may be a more serious medical issue.

March 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Keri's~3~Princesses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I was just wandering around and came across this post. I was wondering how you appointment went today??

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs
March 28th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Regular
Hello All!!

I just wanted to Update..
Today I went to my appt. & as most of you thought I wasn't PREGNANT The thing is they really can't tell me what is wrong if anything.. I'm still haveing the left side nagging pain in my stomach.. Doc said could be a kidney stone making it's way down.. doesn't feel like that kind of pain.. Just a nagging pain that won't go away Day or night...
Anyway we had decided if I wasn't pregnant I was going to do a Tubal Reversal (or whatever we have to, to try for a new baby)... All the thought of maybe being pregnant made both of us think we were both very young when our other children were born & it would be very nice to experience childbirth & raising a child @ a true adult age..
I would like to thank each one of you who replied to my questions & I hope I can send many more with the hope of our changeing life..
Just one more question.. @ age 30 do any of you thing this is just a mid life change we are going through or it is okay to want a child @ this age?? I have wanted another baby for years just haven't been brave enough to tell my husband I wanted to get a reversal done, but when I seen how excited he was that I may have been pregnant I took that chance & he also was all for the idea of a new baby...

Again is this Crazy..
March 28th, 2007, 04:47 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm sorry it turns out you aren't pg. GL with your tubal reversal, idk much about it to know how they work etc... but I wish you well. I def. don't think anything is wrong with wanting another baby. 30 is young! my mom had me when she was 38, and my sisters were 14 and 16 when i was born... so a semi similar situation except you're only 30! And it was great for me because I have a huge christmas and lots of siblings (my mom remarried, so i have older step siblings) but it was also like i was an only child. another benefit is that you've done it before so you know what to expect and now you're probably in a more finacially stable situation. my mom loved having me later in life because she had time to enjoy her pregnancy. she talks about how she got into reading all the pg books etc and really revel in it... because she was more mature and had more time on her hands than when she was younger.

I think there are advantages and disadvantages to having children in any age bracket. Now you can experience both! hehe. again GL!

March 29th, 2007, 04:01 AM
so sorry to hear you're not pregnant. you seemed so sure you were, that must feel almost as bad as losing one!

I wish you all the best in your tube reversal, and i hope you get your BFP soon!!!!!!!!!

30 is not too old to have a baby!!!! i think its the perfect age because you've had your youth and you've learned alot, which will make child rearing easier for you.

March 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM
sarabella
I'm 30 and having my first child. I certainly don't feel too old at all! I got to enjoy my 20's and now I'm at just the right age to start being a responsible adult. =P
March 29th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Regular
Thanks for the support..
I think in a way your right.. I've never experienced the loss of a child but it felt like someone stole my dreams right out of my head...
I truly hope nothing else is wrong & we will be able to have another child.. I loved having my children @ any age & if God doesn't bless us with another then we have been blessed with the 3 we have.. I would love another one ALOT!! I'm sure it will be @ least a year before we can have another one as we are in the middle of building a new house but I guess It is a great time @ least we can add the bedroom now instead of later... HAHA!!
So, to everyone out there Good Luck & I will stay around I've enjoyed reading everything I've came across on this site.. I've never been on one before now.. I wish this was around when I had my other children sure would of helped with those twins..

Thanks & Good luck to you all!!! Children are a blessing & we should cherish all time we get w/them...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search