Labor tale and baby pics

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
So I promised a labor story.. well I'll give ya the cliffnotes version...

5:30p went in for induction

8:00p started cytotech only 1 cm

12:00a got check and cytotech did nothing still 1 cm... so we started pitocin

4:00a still 1 cm... contractions not strong or regular... gave me staydol just so I could sleep

8:00a dr came in and broke my water... I didnt realize he was gonna do it... (for future reference, if they break your water you arent allowed to get out of bed... so ask for the cathedar otherwise your attempting to maneuver your big belly over a bed pan.. not fun)

12:00p after another dose of staydol that didn't do anything but knock me out until i had another contraction... like literally wake up in pain crying and then as soon as it eased off I was knocked back out and couldnt remember to call for help lol... So yeah I get my epidural... which isn't that bad... compared to contractions... epidurals are a cake walk... contractions are 3 minutes apart lasting 45-60 second and I was 4-5 centimeters

1:30p The epi started wearing off and so I called to see if I could push the button... she checked me and I'm 9 1/2 centimeters... so no more epi for me... they get everything ready.... started wheeling in tables with all these surgical tools on em... The babys heartrate at this point started dipping during contractiosn so they started oxygen...

1:50p they start explaining everything... the nurse told me this one piece of info that really helped.. when the babys head starts to crown... its gonna be a bad burning feeling... they call it the ring of fire... this is usually the point where people do the I can't I can't thing... but if you do that its gonna last longer just get his head out and it eases up (this got me thru him crowning) so we start pushing... the first two tries I didn't know what i was doing so I didn't get any help.. the dr. attached the vaccuum and explained it... so then a few minutes pass and they have me push again... and after pushing for 10 seconds, releasing and going back, he was crowning... it felt horrible but i let off pushing for just a sec and realized that it didn't make it feel anybetter so i just pushed and that helped... So here we are stopping and leting him suction the baby... so he tells me to push and there we go...

2:02p Carson James was born...

so here's the part they don't always talk about... the placenta birthing is uncomfortable... painful yes but after doing what you just did... its mostly uncomfortable... Now repairing things down there... ouch... apparently the epi had worn off so that I felt him stitching... I had to have about 7 stitches but I could only put up with 5... it hurt...

when the dr came in the next day he told me that he put on the vaccuum but never had the chance to use it... which i heard him say in the video today... and that's why i tore so bad, i got him out fast... in the video the dr actually said i spit him out... lol...

So yeah there you have it... am i in pain now... ehh.. my back hurts (not from the epi however) from how I was pushing (which by the way they had handles on the bed for me to grip and pull... came in handy...) and im a lil sore down there from the stitches but its bareable... especially when i look at him...

and since I promised pics... if you have myspace... go to his myspace acct and you can see them...

http://www.myspace.com/carsonjameshowland

so there ya have it... it wasn't as bad as I thougth it was gonna be... and this whole mom thing... it pretty much rocks!

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
March 26th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Gorman
I looked at all of the little pics of him and he is just adorable. I am so excited to have this baby! Seeing the pictures reminds me even more of how amazing the experience really is. Again, what a cutie!
March 26th, 2007, 05:43 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the pcs in college suck so i'll look at the pics when i go home.

glad to hear your experience was a good one.

cant wait till its my turn!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 26th, 2007, 01:00 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Aww! He is so cute! You are a very lucky mommy.

Ahh I can't wait until my little girl gets here!

Oh and BTW thanks for sharing about the crowning thing. That is something I am going to need to remember..I will tell BF then when I start to say "I can't" he will remind me.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 26th, 2007, 03:10 PM
yammie
He is such a beautiful little baby! Congrats It makes me look even more forward to my little boy!
March 26th, 2007, 07:42 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is adorable!!! Congratulations!! I loved the pictures!

I hope I'm next!!!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search